These are my links for 24 Mar 2016 through 25 Mar 2016:
- Coderwall | Dump all variables – For debugging purposes it can be useful to not just dump hostvars but also all other variables and group information. You can do this using a jinja template which you could include in a debug task
- Using Ansible to create AWS instances | Tivix – Ansible is a great tool for enhancing productivity. With a vast array of modules to choose from, it can save you a lot of time by automating away common tasks. At Tivix we use it for single-command deployment, with the most common destination being Amazon EC2 instances created beforehand. Since Ansible is capable of managing EC2 resources, we can improve this setup by making a playbook to create an instance for us.
- Home | OpenSCAP portal – The OpenSCAP ecosystem provides multiple tools to assist administrators and auditors with assessment, measurement and enforcement of security baselines. We maintain great flexibility and interoperability, reducing costs of performing security audits.
The OpenSCAP project provides a wide variety of hardening guides and configuration baselines developed by the open source community, ensuring that you can choose a security policy which best suits the needs of your organization, regardless of its size.
SCAP is U.S. standard maintained by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The OpenSCAP project is a collection of open source tools for implementing and enforcing this standard, and has been awarded the SCAP 1.2 certification by NIST in 2014.
- Wazuh | Augmenting OSSEC Host IDS – Wazuh contributes to Open Source Security developing and integrating new modules to extend OSSEC capabilities and functionality.
These are my links for 16 giu 2015 through 19 giu 2015:
- 10 Things You Should Know About AWS – High Scalability – – Ahead of the upcoming 2nd annual re:Invent conference, inspired by Simone Brunozzi’s recent presentation at an AWS Meetup in San Francisco, and collected from a few of my recent Fluxcapacitor.com consulting engagements, I’ve compiled a list of 10 useful time and clock-tick saving tips about AWS.
- IT Landscape for sysadmins –
- MonitoringScape – The past decade has seen a dramatic shift in how we build applications: clouds, containers and micro-services have displaced the old paradigm of static, monolithic infrastructure. The need for operational visibility has grown tenfold. Thankfully, the monitoring landscape has kept up with the times. We now have a choice of over 100 monitoring tools that provide excellent visibility to every nook and cranny of our IT stack. The modern monitoring landscape has something for everyone: on-prem installations, SaaS applications, open-source tools and high-priced enterprise monitoring suites. However, with so many tools to choose from, the monitoring landscape can be difficult to navigate. MonitoringScape is your guide to the new, exciting world of modern monitoring. Keep in mind that this is a community resource, so your comments and suggestions are very welcome.
- Provision and Bootstrap AWS instances with Chef – This is continuation of the previous post called Provision with Chef – baby steps. Today we going to talk about the process of bootstrapping instances with Chef used by FastCompany
- Provision machines with AWS – custom bootsrapper – […] Now I will tell a little more about our instance bootstrap process. Basically at the end of the previous post we discussed tree possible options for automated machine startup: Create different AMI for each server role. Install all binaries into one ami an provide a way to load dynamic configs parts through some custom bootstrap script. Use infrastructure automation framework like Chef or Puppet, which could handle installs and configuration for you. […] [ Note: the article is pre chef-provisioning tool ]
These are my links for 3 dic 2014 through 7 dic 2014:
- View net surveillance online cameras – Welcome to Insecam project. The world biggest directory of online surveillance cameras.
- getsentry/sentry – Sentry is a realtime event logging and aggregation platform. It specializes in monitoring errors and extracting all the information needed to do a proper post-mortem without any of the hassle of the standard user feedback loop.
- Vim Regular Expressions 101 –