These are my links for 10 giu 2015 through 15 giu 2015:
- coderwall.com : establishing geek cred since 1305712800 – Setting up an EC2 instance on AWS used to be as straightforward as provisioning a machine and SSHing into it. However, this process has become a bit more complicated now that Amazon VPC has become the standard for managing machines in the cloud.
- Set up public and private subnets using AWS VPC — Mike Melnicki’s Blog – This is a step-by-step guide on how to set up public and private subnets for running a service on an internal network within AWS. This guide will also set up a bastion host (or jump host) and show you how you can easily ssh in to the hosts within your private subnet via the bastion host. All of this stuff can be done via the AWS web console, but I thought it would be helpful to show the specific commands and provide some commentary about what is happening on each step.
- WordPress Checklist (Infographic): 101 Easy Steps to Follow. – It’s a big struggle in remembering the steps involved in setting up a WordPress website. And we soon realized that, there were hardly any checklists that covered all the aspects of WordPress together! That’s when we decided to create “Killer WordPress Checklist” that would cover everything from the pre-launch directions and development process, to SEO, maintenance and security. Honestly, this checklist has worked wonders for us and hope it does for you too!
- Monitoring EC2 Memory and Disk Usage In CloudWatch Using Custom Metrics | Celingest Blog – Feel the Cloud – With CloudWatch we can track and monitor a lot of metrics across many AWS’s products and set alarms when certain conditions are met. When these alarms are triggered, they can notify us or automate actions such as shrinking or increasing an AutoScaling Group capacity. CloudWatch knows a lot about our EC2 instances’ at the hardware level but it lacks the software’s point of view. In this post we will explain how to use CloudWatch to monitor important resources it can’t monitor by default.
These are my links for 28 nov 2014 through 1 dic 2014:
- SIAMO GEEK – Sperimentatori, entusiasti della tecnologia | Rigenerare le chiavi ssh – Quanto è vecchia la vostra chiave ssh? Rigenerare le chiavi ssh usate per collegarsi ai server è una rottura di scatole, ma potrebbe essere una rottura di molte unità di grandezza inferiore rispetto allo scoprire che una chiave ssh viene usata da mesi a nostra insaputa. Quanto sono corte/lunghe le chiavi ssh registrate nei file authorized-keys dei vostri server? Per fortuna a questa ultima domanda c’è una risposta veloce sotto forma di un pratico script shell.
- Downloading Java RPM from wget | Giuseppe Paternò – This is a very basic post, but I consider it for myself rather for public consumption. I needed to download the Java RPM from the Oracle website from command line, as I’m connected to my systems from a low bandwidth site. I needed to find the cookies that Oracle website uses for “accepting” Oracle license to use properly wget from command line.
- urlwatch – a tool for monitoring webpages for updates (thp.io) – This script is intended to help you watch URLs and get notified (via email or in your terminal) of any changes. The change notification will include the URL that has changed and a unified diff of what has changed. The script supports the use of a filtering hook function to strip trivially-varying elements of a webpage.
- Gravit – unlock your design potential. – Meet Gravit – the cutting-edge design app that will take your creativity to new heights. Gravit offers the creative possibilities of a full-scale design suite – but in a snug app-sized package. Powerful yet easy-to-handle, Gravit has been custom designed from the ground up with an emphasis on versatility, fluidity and elegance – complex design tasks are made simple through its robust suite of tools and highly responsive smart work environment. Express yourself in a new way with Gravit – the new must-have tool for today’s pioneering design professionals! [ via http://www.lffl.org/2014/11/gravit-il-nuovo-software-di-disegno-vettoriale-open-per-linux-windows-e-mac.html ]