These are my links for 6 ago 2015 through 21 set 2015:
- /bin/bash based SSL/TLS tester: testssl.sh – testssl.sh is a free command line tool which checks a server's service on any port for the support of TLS/SSL ciphers, protocols as well as recent cryptographic flaws and more. [ via quasi.dot: https://delicious.com/farmando ]
- Policy NAT for L2L VPN • LearnIOS.com – I kind of missed the wood for the trees here. The static policy NAT is failing because you are trying to map a network 192.168.0.0 to a single IP address 172.20.n.1. However it's just occured, why are you doing policy NAT for the Internet. I tested in lab and if you do this
- Encrypted Data Bags on Cloud on AWS – Many customers have asked us how they should handle shared secrets, passwords and other sensitive data in Chef and now we have a good solution. With the release of our stable-v4 stack, we introduced Chef 10 to the platform, and with it came data bags. Now with the 3.0 release of the engineyard gem, we can officially support data bags and encrypted data bags. You may be wondering what data bags are, how data bags work or how to implement data bags. This blog post will walk you through the entire process.
- How to set disk alignment in Linux | Dirty Cache – As you might know, if disk partitions containing Oracle datafiles are not aligned with the underlying storage system, then some I/O’s can suffer from some overhead as they are effectively translated in two I/O’s. If you want more info, google for “EMC disk alignment” and you’ll find plenty of information, explaining the issue.
- Add Private Route 53 DNS to your AWS VPC | CloudTrek – A really cool feature of Amazon’s Route 53 DNS Management Service is the private hosted DNS zone. Basically, you get the ability to manage the DNS in your private VPC without setting up your own DNS infrastructure (yuck!) [ Just a friendly reminder Note 1: the resolution is working only inside the VPC. Note 2: if you don't have the AmazonProvidedDNS in your DHCP-OPTION you won't resolve the zone. Note 3: if you are using linux, you can use as DNS 169.254.169.253 it won't work on windows 2008 Ref: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPC_DHCP_Options.html http://docs.aws.amazon.com/Route53/latest/DeveloperGuide/hosted-zones-private.html http://aws.amazon.com/route53/faqs/ ]
These are my links for 28 nov 2014 through 1 dic 2014:
- SIAMO GEEK – Sperimentatori, entusiasti della tecnologia | Rigenerare le chiavi ssh – Quanto è vecchia la vostra chiave ssh? Rigenerare le chiavi ssh usate per collegarsi ai server è una rottura di scatole, ma potrebbe essere una rottura di molte unità di grandezza inferiore rispetto allo scoprire che una chiave ssh viene usata da mesi a nostra insaputa. Quanto sono corte/lunghe le chiavi ssh registrate nei file authorized-keys dei vostri server? Per fortuna a questa ultima domanda c’è una risposta veloce sotto forma di un pratico script shell.
- Downloading Java RPM from wget | Giuseppe Paternò – This is a very basic post, but I consider it for myself rather for public consumption. I needed to download the Java RPM from the Oracle website from command line, as I’m connected to my systems from a low bandwidth site. I needed to find the cookies that Oracle website uses for “accepting” Oracle license to use properly wget from command line.
- urlwatch – a tool for monitoring webpages for updates (thp.io) – This script is intended to help you watch URLs and get notified (via email or in your terminal) of any changes. The change notification will include the URL that has changed and a unified diff of what has changed. The script supports the use of a filtering hook function to strip trivially-varying elements of a webpage.
- Gravit – unlock your design potential. – Meet Gravit – the cutting-edge design app that will take your creativity to new heights. Gravit offers the creative possibilities of a full-scale design suite – but in a snug app-sized package. Powerful yet easy-to-handle, Gravit has been custom designed from the ground up with an emphasis on versatility, fluidity and elegance – complex design tasks are made simple through its robust suite of tools and highly responsive smart work environment. Express yourself in a new way with Gravit – the new must-have tool for today’s pioneering design professionals! [ via http://www.lffl.org/2014/11/gravit-il-nuovo-software-di-disegno-vettoriale-open-per-linux-windows-e-mac.html ]
These are my links for 17 gen 2013 through 18 gen 2013:
- winsetupfromusb – Install Windows from USB – Google Project Hosting – Install Windows from USB
[ via http://gioxx.org/2013/01/18/samsung-nc10-windowsxp/ ]
- Nuova “vecchia” vita per il Samsung NC10 | Gioxx’s Wall – Il mio vecchio Samsung NC 10 mi ha servito egregiamente negli anni passati e dopo un upgrade di RAM ed una prossima sostituzione disco può ancora rivelarsi un fidato compagno di lavoro per chi non necessita di prestazioni particolarmente elevate. Ad Ilaria basta ad esempio navigare in internet (Firefox), gestire la posta elettronica (Thunderbird) e utilizzare la suite Office di Microsoft, che funziona ancora perfettamente in coppia con l’anziano sempreverde Windows XP, si, proprio lui!
Ecco quindi cosa fare con una chiave USB da 512 MB o più (ne avete ancora una in giro, ne sono quasi certo, nascosta da qualche parte) che verrà utilizzata una prima volta per installare il sistema ed una seconda per effettuare un backup completo del disco pronto.
- Changing Windows RDP port | MWalker | Technology Cadre – Sometimes it's nice to change the default listening port of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) service. Running standard services on non-standard is a simple way to avoid scripted attacks against your systems. Turns out changing the RDP port is as simple as a registry setting and a reboot.
- Portable-VirtualBox | Download of Portable-VirtualBox – Portable-VirtualBox is a free and open source software tool that lets you run any operating system from a usb stick without separate installation.