These are my links for 9 March 201:
- Deis | Your Paas. Your Rules. – Deis (pronounced DAY-iss) is an open source PaaS that makes it easy to deploy and manage applications on your own servers. Deis builds upon Docker and CoreOS to provide a lightweight PaaS with a Heroku-inspired workflow.
- Speed up WordPress on DreamHost with OPcache
Installing OPcache can improve your site’s performance by decreasing the php execution process when a script is requested. DreamHost permits a user to log into the server through secure shell with user level permissions. Since user level permissions cannot install software, the module will need to be manually compiled.
- Reduce TIME_WAIT socket connections | Linux BrigadeReduce TIME_WAIT socket connections in Apache/Linux
Some time in your life you’ll run across an Apache server that always has tons of TIME_WAIT connections just seeming to hang out. While these don’t take up as many resources as an ESTABLISHED connection, why keep them around so long? This short article will show you how to identify how many you have, and how to tell your server to reduce them, reuse and recycle them (see, recycling IS a good thing).
- Analyzing Apache Log Files < System | The Art of Web
There are many different packages that allow you to generate reports on who’s visiting your site and what they’re doing. The most popular at this time appear to be “Analog”, “The Webalizer” and “AWStats” which are installed by default on many shared servers. While such programs generate attractive reports, they only scratch the surface of what the log files can tell you. In this section we look at ways you can delve more deeply – focussing on the use of simple command line tools, particularly grep, awk and sed.
These are my links for 8 Mar 2016 through 14 Mar 2016:
- Zsoldier’s Tech Blog: Add Portgroups/VLANs to vmware standard switches via PowerCLI – Wrote a simple little script to insert a portgroup into a targeted vSwitch of all VM hosts in a targeted cluster. This is not an issue if you use distributed vSwitches.
- siph0n – exploits : leaks : dumps : papers : hashes – Hello and welcome to "siph0n", we are a group of security enthusiasts that want to make people
more aware of security risks and the risks behind compromised(stolen) data.
By using this Site, you signify your assent to these Terms of Service if you do not agree to any of these conditions,
do not use this website.
- Hardening Framework – […] Server hardening is a well-known topic with many guides out in the wild. Why this project? At Deutsche Telekom we need to manage thousands of servers for customers and ourselves. All servers need to be configured properly and maintained, which is difficult and time-consuming to get right. To answer these needs for security, compliance, and maintainability, we decided to launch this project as a common ground for requirements and their fulfillment.[…]
- Node-RED – Node-RED is a tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
- zachlatta/sshtron: Play Tron over SSH – SSHTron is a multiplayer lightcycle game that runs through SSH
These are my links for 16 Dic 2015 through 21 Dic 2015:
- 29 questions to ask yourself if you’re in devops | www.rohit.io – A few days ago, I had an opportunity to meet and interact with Mike Place, who works as a developer at Saltstack. We had an interesting conversation about devops and how things work in the valley. Mike explained the growing importance of devops in organizations and the rise of devops as a culture that aims to collaboratively deliver systems into production, reliably and effectively.
- H2O – the optimized HTTP/2 server – H2O is a new generation HTTP server providing quicker response to users when compared to older generation of web servers. The server takes full advantage of HTTP/2 features including prioritized content serving and server push, promising outstanding experience to the visitors of your web site. [ via http://onethingwell.org/post/135440804989 ]
- Mattermost – Mattermost is modern communication behind your firewall. As an alternative to proprietary SaaS messaging, Mattermost brings all your team communication into one place, making it searchable and accessible anywhere.