These are my links for 29 nov 2012 from 15:24 to 16:55:
- PowerShell Commands (CMDLETs) for Active Directory by Quest – The ActiveRoles Management Shell for Active Directory is a set of free, predefined commands for Windows PowerShell, the powerful command line and scripting language developed by Microsoft. These commands are designed to help administrators automate common, repetitive and bulk management tasks for Active Directory, such as creating, removing or updating objects in AD.
- PowerGUI.org – Free Windows Powershell Community – Welcome to PowerGUI.org – a free community for PowerGUI, a graphical user interface and script editor for Microsoft Windows PowerShell!
- ksh_timer – An interface to evaluate function execution time in shell script in each function or in user-defined sections
Summary: ksh_timer helps ksh script developers or administrators to find out quickly and with minimal change in their script, what functions or user-defined sections are time consuming. By default, ksh_timer will time the overall script and each function defined and used in the script. Users can define additional sections of the scripts they need to be timed.
These are my links for 31 lug 2012 from 11:08 to 14:23:
- VMweird | Tales from the Virtualization Crypt! – Tired of day-by-day activities, silly requests by customers, boring meetings?
This website is right for you! It’s a meeting place for guys working in the Virtualization fields, to meet other like you and share the fun by telling your stories and have a laugh reading from others.
[ via http://www.vuemuer.it/?p=3641 ]
- Introduzione a GlusterFS: uno storage scalabile e distribuito – Mia mamma usa Linux! – GlusterFS è un file system open source distribuito e scalabile orizzontalmente, la cui capacità può essere dinamicamente espansa mediante l’aggiunta di nuovi nodi. GlusterFS è in grado di arrivare a gestire fino a diversi peta byte, migliaia di client e diverse aree dati (storage) organizzandole in blocchi che rende accessibili su Infiniband RDMA (remote direct memory access, fibra ottica) o connessioni TCP/IP.
Le risorse “memoria e disco” vengono rese disponibili sotto un unico punto di condivisione e tali risorse possono essere montate dai client mediante tre diversi protocolli: CIFS, NFS od il client nativo Gluster.
Questo articolo effettua una prova su strada di GlusterFS, introducendone i concetti e sperimentandone le funzionalità.
- 800 Open Source Packages for AIX Ready for Downloading NOW (AIXpert Blog) – […] Instead of getting annoyed and complaining (like me), Michael decided to go and fix this short fall himself and a personal project and "give back" to AIX users world wide. So he compiles the open source packages on AIX and makes them freely available for download from: http://perzl.org
This website covers the AIX pre-compiled binaries for 800+ open source packages as RPM's and the other his hot project Ganglia for POWER, AIX and Power Linux […]
- Variable Expansion | Variables and Parameters in the Korn Shell | InformIT – Variable expansion is the term used for the ability to access and manipulate values of variables and parameters. Basic expansion is done by preceding the variable or parameter name with the $ character. This provides access to the value.
These are my links for 25 lug 2012 from 14:52 to 15:47:
- Disaster: LVM Performance in Snapshot Mode – MySQL Performance Blog – In many cases I speculate how things should work based on what they do and in number of cases this lead me forming too good impression about technology and when running in completely unanticipated bug or performance bottleneck. This is exactly the case with LVM
Number of customers have reported the LVM gives very high penalty when snapshots are enabled (leave along if you try to run backup at this time) and so I decided to look into it.
- Netexpertise » Mysql Ultra-Fast Backup with LVM – It is generally good practice to respect the two following points when backing up databases. The backup has to be:
Consistency is easily achieved putting a read lock on all tables beforehands. However, this isn’t always applied, and WILL definately lead to a database integrity problem at some stage.
Once a lock has been set on the database, the backup has to be as quick as possible, all write instructions being held in the queue.
- MIME and HTML in Email – How to encapsulate HTML in an email message and send via sendmail