These are my links for 17 gen 2013 from 12:08 to 14:17:
- grml.org – Debian Live system / CD for sysadmins and texttool-users – What is Grml?
Grml is a bootable live system (Live-CD) based on Debian. Grml includes a collection of GNU/Linux software especially for system administrators. Users don't have to install anything on fixed storage. Grml is especially well suited for administrative tasks like installation, deployment and system rescue.
- The Ultimate USB Stick Setup [splitbrain.org] – 32GB is a lot of space, so why not fill some of it with useful stuff you might need from time to time:
Windows 7 Installer, because a Windows reinstalls tend to happen suddenly
Some portable Windows tools, to make that System more bearable
Some Linux Live system(s) for data recovery and general PC maintenance
The Arch Linux install image, just in case someone needs assimilation
Here's how I set it up.
- ViewDNS.info – Your one source for DNS related tools!
[ via https://delicious.com/farmando ]
These are my links for 24 feb 2012 through 27 feb 2012:
These are my links for 7 nov 2011 through 8 nov 2011:
- Testing puppet with Jenkins before deploying | mig5.net – […] However, I had overlooked one element: I tend to make a lot of typos […]
funny and very instructive
- VMware Monitoring Appliance with Nagios, NagVis, PNP4Nagios, Smokeping, Cacti and OpenNMS – Monitoring in just a few minutes! This VMware appliance based on Ubuntu Server Edition 10.10 64-bit contains the most important monitoring software packages, installed and ready-to-run:
MK Livestatus 1.1.8
You can start immediately. It is especially suitable for comparing these different monitoring solutions. Note that OpenNMS is written in Java and produces a high load on the system. Starting and Stopping OpenNMS takes a long time (several minutes!).
- Squid Block – DNSBL Redirector for the Squid Proxy – dnsbl_redir is a shamelessly derived redirector based on the asqredir redirector written by Thomas Zippo < thomas at zippo dot ch >. Thanks!
Its been rewritten to use a DNSBL list (RHS type) to check for and block sites listed in the DNSBL. It will redirect your users to the page/site listed in the top of the dnsbl_redir.h file.
dnsbl_redir is written in C. It consists of one small source file and a small(er) .h file. It has been tested and runs on the current Squid versions. It performs very well on Linux (RedHat/Fedora), BSD and technically should compile and run on any gnu/linux.