These are my links for 9 March 201:
- Deis | Your Paas. Your Rules. – Deis (pronounced DAY-iss) is an open source PaaS that makes it easy to deploy and manage applications on your own servers. Deis builds upon Docker and CoreOS to provide a lightweight PaaS with a Heroku-inspired workflow.
- Speed up WordPress on DreamHost with OPcache
Installing OPcache can improve your site’s performance by decreasing the php execution process when a script is requested. DreamHost permits a user to log into the server through secure shell with user level permissions. Since user level permissions cannot install software, the module will need to be manually compiled.
- Reduce TIME_WAIT socket connections | Linux BrigadeReduce TIME_WAIT socket connections in Apache/Linux
Some time in your life you’ll run across an Apache server that always has tons of TIME_WAIT connections just seeming to hang out. While these don’t take up as many resources as an ESTABLISHED connection, why keep them around so long? This short article will show you how to identify how many you have, and how to tell your server to reduce them, reuse and recycle them (see, recycling IS a good thing).
- Analyzing Apache Log Files < System | The Art of Web
There are many different packages that allow you to generate reports on who’s visiting your site and what they’re doing. The most popular at this time appear to be “Analog”, “The Webalizer” and “AWStats” which are installed by default on many shared servers. While such programs generate attractive reports, they only scratch the surface of what the log files can tell you. In this section we look at ways you can delve more deeply – focussing on the use of simple command line tools, particularly grep, awk and sed.
These are my links for 5 ago 2014 through 6 ago 2014:
- Welcome to the NOC Project – Site – Confluence – NOC is the scalable, high-performance and open-source OSS system for ISP, service and content providers.
- GestióIP – IP address management (IPAM) software – GestióIP is an automated, Web based IPv4/IPv6 address management (IPAM) software. It features powerful network discovery functions and offers search and filter functions for both networks and host, permitting Internet Search Engine equivalent expressions. This lets you find the information that administrators frequently need easily and quickly. GestióIP also incorporates an automated VLAN management system.
- LemonLDAP::NG » start – LemonLDAP::NG is an open source Web Single Sign On product (WebSSO) written in Perl, plugged into Apache Web Server. LemonLDAP::NG is a free software, released under GPL license. LemonLDAP::NG is the first SSO software deployed in French administrations. It can handle more than 200 000 users. Many private firms use it too.
- CoreOS is Linux for Massive Server Deployments – CoreOS is a new Linux distribution that has been rearchitected to provide features needed to run modern infrastructure stacks. The strategies and architectures that influence CoreOS allow companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter to run their services at scale with high resilience.
These are my links for 30 dic 2011 through 2 gen 2012:
- fahd.blog: Find Blocking Processes Using sp_who [Sybase] – If a user has executed an insert/update on a table, but not committed the transaction, other users will find that their queries on the same table hang. This is because the table has been locked and the first user's process is blocking everyone else's.
- Pocket Survival Guide – NetApp –
- 30 Best Sources For Linux / *BSD / Unix Documentation On the Web – Here are thirty best documentation sites on the web for learning Linux and Unix like operating systems.
- OpenShift by Red Hat – What is OpenShift?
OpenShift, is a portfolio of free, portable cloud services for deploying and managing applications in the cloud. Currently there are two application deployment services offered as part of OpenShift; Express & Flex.
What is OpenShift Express and when should I use it?
Express is a free, cloud-based application platform for Java, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby applications delivered in a shared-hosting model. With just a few commands you’ll be able to deploy your application to the cloud.
What is OpenShift Flex and why should I use it?
Flex is a cloud-based application platform for Java EE and PHP. Applications can be deployed on middleware components such as JBoss and Tomcat. Flex is an ideal platform for those who require a greater degree of control and choice over their middleware components with valuable features including versioning, monitoring and auto-scaling.
- saidar – saidar is a curses-based tool for viewing the system statistics available through libstatgrab. Statistics include CPU, processes, load, memory, swap, network I/O, disk I/O, and file system information.
"like a small nmon"
[ via http://www.spippolazione.net/index.php/2011/12/30/saidar ]