These are my links for 12 apr 2013 from 14:46 to 21:36:
- carloslima/dhsnapshot · GitHub – This script was created out of the need to have snapshots-like backups using the DreamHost Backup service, which provides 50GB of space for personal backups but gives very limited access to it's servers. Basically, you have no SSH access, only RSync and SFTP. It can be used to backup any machine: your computer, a server or even a Dreamhost-hosted website. You just need to configure it with the path to backup, your dreamhost backup account and the private key used for authentication and it will create daily backups and keep the last 7 days, 4 weeks and 6 months.
- palexander/dreamback · GitHub – Dreamback is the easiest way to automate your backups on dreamhost. Dreamhost does not guarantee their backups of your users (though they've saved me with backups before), so it's best to run backups yourself. This is beta quality software. Please report issues if you have them. Using Dreamback is easy: 1) Create a user on dreamhost to manage your backups 2) Log in with your new user 3) gem install dreamback 4) dreamback 5) Answer the questions to setup your automated backup
- View all MySQL Variables for Pasting into my.cnf – This is really useful for me because I work with dozens of different database servers. The first thing I do is run this command and paste it into the servers /etc/my.cnf file. That way I will always know the original value and it just makes life much easier.
- How Permissions Work – Permissions are a key component of the Windows Server 2003 security architecture that you can use to manage the process of authorizing users, groups, and computers to access objects on a network.
These are my links for 5 dic 2012 through 6 dic 2012:
These are my links for 19 set 2012 through 25 set 2012:
- Your Soekris OpenBSD as a OpenVPN appliance | Me in IT – I have an existing network at home, but would like to be able to connect to it using a VPN every now and then. This enables me to access the fileserver, printer and so on.
My network contains an Apple Time Capsule as a nat router, an ethernet modem provided by my cable company Ziggo and devices such as laptops, that use the network.
A Soekris box I had lying around meets all requirements perfectly for a VPN-server. Here is how to set it up.
- 1- Concetti base (di TSM) – NGI SpA – […]Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) è il software di backup e archiving di IBM, attualmente alla versione 5.4. E' disponibile per diverse architetture e sistemi operativi e localizzato in svariate lingue.[…]
Un'introduzione a TSM e all'uso più semplice
- [IT Services] Using the TSM Client Command Line Interface for Backup & Restore – This section will first provide an introduction to the TSM Command Line Interface (CLI) and then describe how to manually back up and restore files on the local machine. The screen shots and descriptions that follow may refer to older TSM clients, but with the exception of the file specifications the syntax is generic to all platforms.
These are my links for 25 lug 2012 from 14:52 to 15:47:
- Disaster: LVM Performance in Snapshot Mode – MySQL Performance Blog – In many cases I speculate how things should work based on what they do and in number of cases this lead me forming too good impression about technology and when running in completely unanticipated bug or performance bottleneck. This is exactly the case with LVM
Number of customers have reported the LVM gives very high penalty when snapshots are enabled (leave along if you try to run backup at this time) and so I decided to look into it.
- Netexpertise » Mysql Ultra-Fast Backup with LVM – It is generally good practice to respect the two following points when backing up databases. The backup has to be:
Consistency is easily achieved putting a read lock on all tables beforehands. However, this isn’t always applied, and WILL definately lead to a database integrity problem at some stage.
Once a lock has been set on the database, the backup has to be as quick as possible, all write instructions being held in the queue.
- MIME and HTML in Email – How to encapsulate HTML in an email message and send via sendmail