These are my links for 22 mag 2015 through 29 mag 2015:
- Reducing PDF file-size in Linux | The Road to Elysium – The other day I downloaded a PDF that ended up being a whole lot bigger than I thought. A “whopping” 230MB, which is another deal compared to the 30MB PDF’s that I’m accustomed to. So how to reduce the file-size? Ghostscript to the rescue!
- Automate tmux sessions with tmuxinator – For those of us who spend a lot of time at a terminal, tmux is almost always part of our standard arsenal of tools. In my quest to make tmux a little more flexible, I came across tmuxinator today.
- About ShellCheck – ShellCheck is a static analysis and linting tool for sh/bash scripts. It's mainly focused on handling typical beginner and intermediate level syntax errors and pitfalls where the shell just gives a cryptic error message or strange behavior, but it also reports on a few more advanced issues where corner cases can cause delayed failures.
These are my links for 26 nov 2014 from 20:02 to 21:26:
- xat/castnow · GitHub – castnow is commandline utility which can be used to playback media files on your chromecast device. It supports playback of local video files, youtube clips, videos on the web and torrents. You can also re-attach a running playback session
- FnordMetric | Framework for building beautiful real-time dashboards – FnordMetric ChartSQL FnordMetric ChartSQL allows you to write SQL queries that return charts instead of tables. The charts are rendered as SVG vector graphics and can easily be embedded into any website and customized with css in order to build beautiful dashboards FnordMetric Server Fnordmetric Server is a standalone HTTP server application. It exposes a web UI and a HTTP API to run ChartSQL queries and collect timeseries data. You can use fnordmetric-server as a one-stop solution for metric collection and charting. Since fnordmetric-server aims to be a StatsD+graphite competitor, it implements a wire compatible StatsD API. FnordMetric Server can store the collected timeseries data on local disk or in external storage (HBase).
- imapfilter – lefcha – IMAPFilter is a mail filtering utility. It connects to remote mail servers using the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), sends searching queries to the server and processes mailboxes based on the results. It can be used to delete, copy, move, flag, etc. messages residing in mailboxes at the same or different mail servers. The 4rev1 and 4 versions of the IMAP protocol are supported. IMAPFilter uses the Lua programming language as a configuration and extension language.
These are my links for 5 nov 2014 through 14 nov 2014:
These are my links for 5 nov 2014 from 10:48 to 13:51:
- Configuring OpenLDAP pass-through authentication to Active Directory – Alex Tcherniakhovski – Security – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – This particular functionality of OpenLDAP should be of special interest for environments where long term co-existence between OpenLDAP and Active Directory is required. By establishing pass-through authentication the following advantages could be achieved: Great end-user experience. No need to remember multiple passwords Increased security, due to the reduction of the attack surface (one less password store in the environment) Single password policy The rest of the post will expand on the instructions provided by the OpenLDAP 2.4 Administration guide on establishing pass-through authentication from OpenLDAP to Active Directory. Specifically, will will leverage the capability of SASL to use LDAP as an authentication back-end. In our case, Active Directory will play a role of such authentication back-end.
- Books – UNIX Systems Programming (BSD) – BitsInTheWind.com – ISBN 10: 0-937175-23-4 / ISBN 13: 9780937175231 O'Reilly & Associates January 1989 The following are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may cite this document as a bibliographic reference in any works that you are writing. Any commercial use of this document, including printing and distribution to groups of people (such as a classroom) is prohibited without my prior written permission.
- osquery – With osquery, you can use SQL to query low-level operating system information. Under the hood, instead of querying static tables, these queries dynamically execute high-performance native code. The results of the SQL query are transparently returned to you quickly and easily.
- Boxupp – GUI tool to manage Puppet & Vagrant based project environments | Paxcel – Boxupp makes it easy for integrated management of development stacks over Vagrant and Puppet. Initially built over these two softwares, we plan to add support for more providers and provisioners * Integrated management environment for Vagrant and Puppet * Intelligence at its core * Simple Web GUI * Easy provisioning * Inbuilt console and editors * Start right from level zero ! * Share your configurations with team members.