These are my links for 23 giu 2015 through 17 lug 2015:
These are my links for 15 nov 2014 through 26 nov 2014:
- Charted – Charted is a tool for automatically visualizing data, created by the Product Science team at Medium. Give it the link to a data file and Charted returns a beautiful, shareable chart of the data. We built Charted with a few core principles in mind: Charted does not store any data. It only fetches and visualizes what the link provides. It also refetches the data every 30 minutes, so the chart is always up-to-date. Charted does not transform or manipulate data. It displays only and exactly what it receives. Any necessary calculations or adjustments must already be reflected in the data. Charted is not a formatting tool. It is deliberately sparse in features. Charted focuses on getting from the data to the visualization with the fewest decisions possible. As a result, we simplified Charted to just a few options. Here’s a walk-through of those options. [ via http://onethingwell.org/post/103638738213 ]
- Simple Amazon Glacier Uploader – Amazon Glacier is a long-term persistent file-storage system for cold data storage. As a GUI wrapper for the Glacier command line tools, The Simple Amazon Glacier Uploader aims to be an upload and download solution that is as durable as your data. SAGU is a single .jar file Glacier interface written in Java for cross-platform accessibility. The use of Java assures that you will have access to your files regardless of your operating system when it is time to retrieve your data.
- Snapper, The ultimate Snapshot Tool for Linux – Snapper is a tool for Linux filesystem snapshot management. Apart from the obvious creation and deletion of snapshots, it can compare snapshots and revert differences between snapshots. In simple terms, this allows root and non-root users to view older versions of files and revert changes. The features include: Manually create snapshots Automatically create snapshots, e.g. with YaST and zypp Automatically create timeline of snapshots Show and revert changes between snapshots Works with btrfs, ext4 and thin-provisioned LVM volumes Supports Access Control Lists and Extended Attributes Automatic cleanup of old snapshots Command line interface D-Bus interface PAM module to create snapshots during login and logout
These are my links for 26 ago 2014 from 11:20 to 11:53:
- claudioc/jingo – A git based wiki engine written for node.js, with a decent design, a search capability and a good typography.
- fastmonkeys/stellar – Stellar allows you to quickly restore database when you are e.g. writing database migrations, switching branches or messing with SQL. PostgreSQL and MySQL are supported.
- Sandstorm Apps – This page is for people who already have a Sandstorm instance set up. Use the buttons below to install apps.
- Sandstorm – Sandstorm's server-side sandboxing is based on the same underlying Linux kernel features as LXC and Docker. We use the system calls directly for finer-grained control.
- apenwarr/sshuttle – Transparent proxy server that works as a poor man's VPN. Forwards over ssh. Doesn't require admin. Works with Linux and MacOS. Supports DNS tunneling.
These are my links for 25 lug 2012 from 14:52 to 15:47:
- Disaster: LVM Performance in Snapshot Mode – MySQL Performance Blog – In many cases I speculate how things should work based on what they do and in number of cases this lead me forming too good impression about technology and when running in completely unanticipated bug or performance bottleneck. This is exactly the case with LVM
Number of customers have reported the LVM gives very high penalty when snapshots are enabled (leave along if you try to run backup at this time) and so I decided to look into it.
- Netexpertise » Mysql Ultra-Fast Backup with LVM – It is generally good practice to respect the two following points when backing up databases. The backup has to be:
Consistency is easily achieved putting a read lock on all tables beforehands. However, this isn’t always applied, and WILL definately lead to a database integrity problem at some stage.
Once a lock has been set on the database, the backup has to be as quick as possible, all write instructions being held in the queue.
- MIME and HTML in Email – How to encapsulate HTML in an email message and send via sendmail