Skip to content
These are my links for 23 lug 2015 from 17:27 to 17:47:
- How to fix yum errors on CentOS, RHEL or Fedora – Xmodulo – Yum is a package management tool for installing, updating and removing rpm packages on RedHat-based systems. When you try to install a package with yum command, you may encounter errors for various reasons. In this post, I will describe under what situations yum errors can occur, and explain how to fix yum errors.
- Docs/RpmRecovery – rpm – Trac – This document provides an overview of how to deal with RPM database corruption.
- RepoCreate – yum – Trac – Sometimes you'll find you need to be able to collect a bunch of rpm packages you have together in one place and you want to make them available to your systems running yum. It is pretty easy to do.
- Local YUM fun | Adamish | Blog – If you’re installing redhat on a machine without Internet access you may wish to setup a local YUM repository for extra bits and pieces after the main install. Add the following to /etc/yum.repos.d/local.repo. If there are any other .repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d then comment out their contents. Make sure you don’t have spaces in your baseurl.
- How to fix yum [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum › Backdrift Backdrift – I recently upgraded my local yum repository server to RHEL6. After upgrading I noticed the below error when my el5 clients would attempting to install packages from the local repo with yum.
These are my links for 12 mag 2015 through 15 mag 2015:
- slack for ubuntu – ScudCloud is a non official open-source Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint, Arch) desktop client for Slack©. Slack© is a platform for team communication. ScudCloud uses the QT library + Webkit to render the web version of Slack, but using the QWebkit-Native bridge to improve desktop integration with: multiple teams support, native system notifications, count of unread direct mentions at launcher/sytray icon, alert/wobbling on new messages, channels quicklist (Unity only), optional "Close to Tray".
- How to create an RPM package – FedoraProject – This page describes in detail how to create an RPM package, and in particular, how to create a SPEC file. Unlike other RPM guides, this page explains the specifics for Fedora with links to Fedora-specific guidelines. Since it is maintained through the Fedora Wiki, it is likely to be more up-to-date than other guides. Despite the focus on Fedora, most of this document does apply to other RPM-based distributions.
- How To Install Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana 4 on CentOS 7 | DigitalOcean – In this tutorial, we will go over the installation of the Elasticsearch ELK Stack on CentOS 7—that is, Elasticsearch 1.4.4, Logstash 1.5.0, and Kibana 4. We will also show you how to configure it to gather and visualize the syslogs of your systems in a centralized location. Logstash is an open source tool for collecting, parsing, and storing logs for future use. Kibana 4 is a web interface that can be used to search and view the logs that Logstash has indexed. Both of these tools are based on Elasticsearch.
These are my links for 28 nov 2014 through 1 dic 2014:
- SIAMO GEEK – Sperimentatori, entusiasti della tecnologia | Rigenerare le chiavi ssh – Quanto è vecchia la vostra chiave ssh? Rigenerare le chiavi ssh usate per collegarsi ai server è una rottura di scatole, ma potrebbe essere una rottura di molte unità di grandezza inferiore rispetto allo scoprire che una chiave ssh viene usata da mesi a nostra insaputa. Quanto sono corte/lunghe le chiavi ssh registrate nei file authorized-keys dei vostri server? Per fortuna a questa ultima domanda c’è una risposta veloce sotto forma di un pratico script shell.
- Downloading Java RPM from wget | Giuseppe Paternò – This is a very basic post, but I consider it for myself rather for public consumption. I needed to download the Java RPM from the Oracle website from command line, as I’m connected to my systems from a low bandwidth site. I needed to find the cookies that Oracle website uses for “accepting” Oracle license to use properly wget from command line.
- urlwatch – a tool for monitoring webpages for updates (thp.io) – This script is intended to help you watch URLs and get notified (via email or in your terminal) of any changes. The change notification will include the URL that has changed and a unified diff of what has changed. The script supports the use of a filtering hook function to strip trivially-varying elements of a webpage.
- Gravit – unlock your design potential. – Meet Gravit – the cutting-edge design app that will take your creativity to new heights. Gravit offers the creative possibilities of a full-scale design suite – but in a snug app-sized package. Powerful yet easy-to-handle, Gravit has been custom designed from the ground up with an emphasis on versatility, fluidity and elegance – complex design tasks are made simple through its robust suite of tools and highly responsive smart work environment. Express yourself in a new way with Gravit – the new must-have tool for today’s pioneering design professionals! [ via http://www.lffl.org/2014/11/gravit-il-nuovo-software-di-disegno-vettoriale-open-per-linux-windows-e-mac.html ]
jtheo is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache