These are my links for 29 lug 2010 through 2 ago 2010:
- LasCon Storage – TSM Scripting Hints and Tips – Send offsite and recall Copy tapes <br />
Free up tapes which are almost empty <br />
Multiple macro commands <br />
Exporting scripts <br />
Updating Netware Client Passwords
- LasCon Storage – TSM Administration – Tivoli is part of IBM, and they provide a suite of management products for distributed systems. TSM used to be called ADSM and works on the 'incremental backup forever' principle, which takes a bit of getting used to, compared to the more traditional 'weekly full backup and daily incremental' system. With TSM, you backup all your clients to one central data backup server. This makes administration a lot easier, but means you have to limit the amount of data you send over the network. That's why TSM needs to be incremental. A central database records all backup information, and can be used to recreate a whole server if necessary. TSM always keeps at least one backup of every on-line file.
- Shan’s "Fix IT in 1 Minute!" UNIX Admin Blog – Welcome to "Fix IT in 1 Minute!" – Shan Jing's UNIX Administration blog. It covers Solaris, Linux, AIX, Web; Unix/TCP/IP Internal Programming (C/Python/Perl); TCP/IP Protocols and Services (DNS, NIS, Kerberos, LDAP, SSH, Openssl, etc.); Shell scripting,Perl /Web XML/DBMS SQL; Security & Intrusion Detection (nmap,snort); Enterprise Web Middleware and Backend: WebLogic/Tomcat/Java/JSP/Web Applications; Grid Computing, Python/Django Web Framework, etc.
- Techdocs – the Technical Sales Library – This site provides access to the Technical Sales Support organization's technical information databases. It gives you access to the most current installation, planning and technical support information available from IBM pre-sales support, and is constantly updated. You can browse or search these databases by date, document number, product, platform, keywords, etc.
These are my links for 18 gen 2010 from 17:06 to 23:41:
- Samba e Active Directory .:. PippoFante.it – Unire una macchina Linux (*BSD, Solaris, …) a un dominio (Active Directory) Windows talvolta è comodo, talvolta è utile, talvolta è necessario. Per ottenere questo risultato si usa Samba.
- Squid e autenticazione su Active Directory .:. PippoFante.it – È giunto il momento di rifare il proxy aziendale – ovviamente Squid – e con l'occasione cambio il metodo di autenticazione appoggiandomi al dominio: una password in meno per gli utenti e controllo più centralizzato. Le condizioni al contorno sono sempre quelle: Debian come guest su VMware ESX così aumentiamo la percentuale di virtualizzazione con tutti i pro (ma anche i contro).
- IBM Quicklinks | Main –
These are my links for 6 gen 2010 through 8 gen 2010:
- Tools – Mt Xia – Downloads,Business Continuity,Disaster Recovery,High Availability,Virtualization,Data Center Automation,Audit Response,Audit Compliance,Security Assessment,Technical Support
- pWare – AIX Open Source software for IBM AIX 5.3 and 6.1 – AIX Open Source software for IBM System p server (formerly pSeries and RS/6000) machines running AIX 5.3 and higher. My name is Bill Jojo and I work at Hudson Valley Community College where we use a significant amount of Open Source software to manage our environment.
- Create AIX NIM master – NIM is better in that you can install a new OS from a mksysb in as little as 5 minutes versus installing from CD which can take 40 minutes or longer. You can also keep your builds consistent if you have one mksysb image to build an AIX server. This also makes server builds easier at remote locations, no more swapping CD’s[…]
- AixErrorLogCustomization < AIS < TWiki – AIX has a very flexible error logging daemon to log hardware and software errors. The log is typically accessed with the errpt command.
Unfortunately, checking the log is a manual process. Using some custom ODM entries, we can cause AIX to run commands in response to errors, which can then be used for notification.
Below I document a simple configuration which uses the ODM to log each error entry to syslog, and forward the complete entry via email.
- c99madshell Security Review – Derek Fountain – A friend of mine got hacked recently. Some charming person managed to upload a rogue file to his server and replaced some of the software executables he produces with versions containing trojans and viruses.
It seems there's not a lot of information available that describes just what is possible from an uploaded file vulnerability. So I grabbed a copy of 'c99madshell', which is one of the more popular scripts used by script kiddies, and had a look at what it can do. Here's what I found…
These are my links for 18 dic 2009 through 22 dic 2009:
- Welcome to Computers-it – A resource for Computers and Information Technology – Articoli vari su linux, aix, TSM, soluzioni a problemi curiosi, note sulle peculiarità (/proc per linux, HACMP su AIX, etc).
- How to install AIX 5L – Summary: Get step-by-step instructions for a number of generic AIX® system setup procedures. These instructions should work for any of the AIX™ 5L releases. Variations, if any, should be minor.
- Welcome to Linux on Power wiki! – This wiki provides a forum for Linux users on PowerPC-based systems. It is oriented at the IBM POWER systems (System p p5 and p6), but topics covering i5 (iSeries), embedded 32-bit based PowerPC systems as well as Apple systems are also welcome.
There is also an IBM hosted Wiki at http://www.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/LinuxP – you may find more information on IBM system p5 servers and linux there.