These are my links for 21 set 2015 through 24 set 2015:
- IOWait. (Sysadmin’s bedtime horror story) – […] hope this helps someone out there. The last 3 days, I have had my server crash on me every 2-3 hours. At first I thought it would be a spike in the traffic, since I couldn’t find any crash reports from Apache, and there was a spike in the traffic at this time. So I increased the resources on the server. It crashed again, every 2-3 hours […] It wasn't my case but… who knows in the future?
- Apache mod_deflate and mod_cache issues | Devon Hillard’s Digital Sanctuary – The Problem: Using Apache mod_deflate and mod_disk_cache (or other mod_cache) together can create far too many cached files. The Background: Apache is a web server with many different modules you can load in to enhance it. Two common ones are mod_deflate and mod_cache (or mod_disk_cache).
- haskellcamargo/skype-unofficial-client · GitHub – (unofficial) Skype client built on top of node webkit [ via http://www.lffl.org/2015/09/skype-web-client-linux.html ]
- dfletcher/tsws · GitHub – TSWS, A Totally Simple Web Server
- Home | Lattice – Lattice aspires to make clustering containers easy. Lattice includes a cluster scheduler, http load balancing, log aggregation and health management. Lattice containers can be long running or temporary tasks which get dynamically scaled and balanced across a cluster. Lattice packages components from Cloud Foundry to provide a cloud native platform for individual developers and small teams.
These are my links for 28 feb 2015 from 19:57 to 20:29:
- Step by Step Installation and Configuration of OpenLDAP as Proxy to Active Directory | haroonferoze – This guide describes how to install and configure OpenLDAP as proxy to Active Directory.
- Integrate Active Directory and OpenLDAP | Networking content from Windows IT Pro – OpenLDAP’s proxy service can allow LDAP operations to cross the boundaries between AD and OpenLDAP deployments. To demonstrate this proxy service, we walk through the steps to make AD’s cn=Users container, which by default contains all user objects, part of an OpenLDAP directory. To produce the examples in this article, I used CentOS 4.3, OpenLDAP 2.2.13, and AD running on Windows Server 2003 R2. Later in the article, I’ll show you a limitation in the commonly deployed OpenLDAP 2.2, which you can solve by installing OpenLDAP 2.3 on CentOS 4.3.
- Let’s Chat — Self-hosted chat for small teams – WHAT IS THIS THING? Some backstory. Way back in 2012, we didn't like any of the existing chat services out there. So we decided to write our own. Let's Chat is a persistent messaging application that runs on Node.js and MongoDB. It's designed to be easily deployable and fits well with small, intimate teams. It's free (MIT licensed) and ships with killer features such as LDAP/Kerberos authentication, a REST-like API and XMPP support. Let's Chat is a side-project of the development team at Security Compass. (A real life 10% time project!)
These are my links for 26 nov 2014 from 20:02 to 21:26:
- xat/castnow · GitHub – castnow is commandline utility which can be used to playback media files on your chromecast device. It supports playback of local video files, youtube clips, videos on the web and torrents. You can also re-attach a running playback session
- FnordMetric | Framework for building beautiful real-time dashboards – FnordMetric ChartSQL FnordMetric ChartSQL allows you to write SQL queries that return charts instead of tables. The charts are rendered as SVG vector graphics and can easily be embedded into any website and customized with css in order to build beautiful dashboards FnordMetric Server Fnordmetric Server is a standalone HTTP server application. It exposes a web UI and a HTTP API to run ChartSQL queries and collect timeseries data. You can use fnordmetric-server as a one-stop solution for metric collection and charting. Since fnordmetric-server aims to be a StatsD+graphite competitor, it implements a wire compatible StatsD API. FnordMetric Server can store the collected timeseries data on local disk or in external storage (HBase).
- imapfilter – lefcha – IMAPFilter is a mail filtering utility. It connects to remote mail servers using the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), sends searching queries to the server and processes mailboxes based on the results. It can be used to delete, copy, move, flag, etc. messages residing in mailboxes at the same or different mail servers. The 4rev1 and 4 versions of the IMAP protocol are supported. IMAPFilter uses the Lua programming language as a configuration and extension language.
These are my links for 26 ago 2014 from 11:20 to 11:53:
- claudioc/jingo – A git based wiki engine written for node.js, with a decent design, a search capability and a good typography.
- fastmonkeys/stellar – Stellar allows you to quickly restore database when you are e.g. writing database migrations, switching branches or messing with SQL. PostgreSQL and MySQL are supported.
- Sandstorm Apps – This page is for people who already have a Sandstorm instance set up. Use the buttons below to install apps.
- Sandstorm – Sandstorm's server-side sandboxing is based on the same underlying Linux kernel features as LXC and Docker. We use the system calls directly for finer-grained control.
- apenwarr/sshuttle – Transparent proxy server that works as a poor man's VPN. Forwards over ssh. Doesn't require admin. Works with Linux and MacOS. Supports DNS tunneling.