These are my links for 29 Mar 2016 through 8 Apr 2016:
- VMware: Add PortGroup to all hosts in cluster with PowerCLI – […]
Today we configured a new VLAN on the physical switches, now we need to configure a portgroup with vlan id on multiple ESX hosts in our cluster. To do this by hand it will cost 3 minutes per host, to script this.. you configure this in 10 seconds![…]
- Creating Active Directory Accounts – Microsoft stores a quoted password in little endian UTF16 base64 encoded.
- LVM Loopback HOW-TO | Anthony’s Blog – This is a simple tutorial on setting up LVM on loopback devices, I’ve used it a few times for creating dynamic virtual disks; it came in particularly handy when archiving NEXRAD radar data for my radarwatchd project – using up all your inodes on several hundreds of thousands of 15Kb files doesn’t sound like my idea of fun. Creating a virtual volume with reiserfs was a particularly handy solution in this case.
- Retroshare – Retroshare creates encrypted connections to your friends. Nobody can spy on you. Retroshare is completely decentralized. This means there are no central servers. It is entirely Open-Source and free. There are no costs, no ads and no Terms of Service.
These are my links for 18 giu 2013 through 19 giu 2013:
- CommuniGate Pro: Cluster Load Balancers – The DSR/DR is the preferred Load-Balancing method for larger installations. When this method is used, each Server is configured to have the VIP (Virtual IP) shared addresses as its local IP addresses. This allows each Server to receive all packets directed to the VIP addresses, and to send responses directly to the clients using the VIP as the "source" address. The servers should not respond to the arp requests for these VIP addresses. Instead the load balancer responds to these requests, and thus all incoming packets directed to the VIP addresses are delivered to the load balancer, which redirects them to Servers. When redirecting these incoming packets, the load balancer sends them directly to the Server MAC address, without changing the packet destination address, that remains the VIP address.
- Using arp announce/arp ignore to disable ARP – LVSKB –
- Configuring DSR on the Alteon load balancers | Remsys – As per Wikipedia, load balancing is a technique to spread work between two or more computers, network links, CPUs, hard drives, or other resources, in order to get optimal resource utilization, maximize throughput, and minimize response time. Usage of multiple components with load balancing, instead of a single component, may increase reliability through redundancy. DSR is a way for outbound traffic to bypass the load balancer, sending traffic directly to the default router of that network.
- FreeIPA – FreeIPA is a Red Hat sponsored open source project which aims to provide an easily managed Identity, Policy and Audit (IPA) suite primarily targeted towards networks of Linux and Unix computers. FreeIPA can be compared to Novell's Identity Manager or Microsoft's Active Directory in that the goals and mechanisms used are similar.