These are my links for 20 ago 2013 from 02:47 to 02:50:
- WordPress › HyperDB « WordPress Plugins – HyperDB is a very advanced database class that replaces a few of the WordPress built-in database functions. The main differences are: * HyperDB can be connect to an arbitrary number of database servers, * HyperDB inspects each query to determine the appropriate database.
- ClusterFoundry Blog Highly-Available and Load-Balanced WordPress Cluster – Part 1 – This article explains on how to setup a load-balanced WordPress cluster in a master-slave configuration. The load balancer(HAProxy) sits in front of 2 or more web server nodes (1 Master and 1 Slave) which has the same contents. HAProxy does not only distribute requests, but also checks the health of the services running on the node. If one of the nodes are down, all requests will be redirected to the remaining nodes.
- Deploying Scalable WordPress – The Official Rackspace Blog – […] The end result is a WordPress site that uses Cloud Load Balancers, Cloud Servers, and Cloud Files to deliver an easily scalable, modular configuration.[…]
These are my links for 18 giu 2013 through 19 giu 2013:
- CommuniGate Pro: Cluster Load Balancers – The DSR/DR is the preferred Load-Balancing method for larger installations. When this method is used, each Server is configured to have the VIP (Virtual IP) shared addresses as its local IP addresses. This allows each Server to receive all packets directed to the VIP addresses, and to send responses directly to the clients using the VIP as the "source" address. The servers should not respond to the arp requests for these VIP addresses. Instead the load balancer responds to these requests, and thus all incoming packets directed to the VIP addresses are delivered to the load balancer, which redirects them to Servers. When redirecting these incoming packets, the load balancer sends them directly to the Server MAC address, without changing the packet destination address, that remains the VIP address.
- Using arp announce/arp ignore to disable ARP – LVSKB –
- Configuring DSR on the Alteon load balancers | Remsys – As per Wikipedia, load balancing is a technique to spread work between two or more computers, network links, CPUs, hard drives, or other resources, in order to get optimal resource utilization, maximize throughput, and minimize response time. Usage of multiple components with load balancing, instead of a single component, may increase reliability through redundancy. DSR is a way for outbound traffic to bypass the load balancer, sending traffic directly to the default router of that network.
- FreeIPA – FreeIPA is a Red Hat sponsored open source project which aims to provide an easily managed Identity, Policy and Audit (IPA) suite primarily targeted towards networks of Linux and Unix computers. FreeIPA can be compared to Novell's Identity Manager or Microsoft's Active Directory in that the goals and mechanisms used are similar.
These are my links for 21 gen 2013 through 22 gen 2013:
- PasswdFinder | Magical Jelly Bean – PasswdFinder is a neat freeware utility that helps you find your lost passwords. Once installed, it will show you passwords saved by web-browsers, email clients, instant messengers, FTP clients and other programs.
[ via http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/easily-view-saved-passwords-from-many-windows-apps-with-passwdfinder/ ]
- Guacamole – HTML5 Clientless Remote Desktop – Guacamole provides access to desktop environments using remote desktop protocols like VNC and RDP. A centralized server acts as a tunnel and proxy, allowing access to multiple desktops through a web browser.
No browser plugins are needed, and no client software needs to be installed. The client requires nothing more than a web browser supporting HTML5 and AJAX.
- Nginx Load Balancing Basics – jsDelivr Official Blog – Nginx is a powerful high performance web server with a lot of features that can help high load projects to overcome their problems.
Here you can see a particular feature of Nginx that allows you to load balance the traffic across multiple external and internal(on same hardware) servers.
These are my links for 10 feb 2010 through 11 feb 2010:
- NirLauncher: le utility NirSoft e Sysinternals su pen drive – Nir Sofer e Mark Russinovich sono decisamente i miei programmatori preferiti in ambito Windows. Entrambi hanno creato negli anni le migliori utility per power users: se si vuole avere un controllo “profondo” del funzionamento del sistema operativo Microsoft non si può prescindere dai loro tool[…]
- defmacro – Functional Programming For The Rest of Us – Introduction:
Programmers are procrastinators. Get in, get some coffee, check the mailbox, read the RSS feeds, read the news, check out latest articles on techie websites, browse through political discussions on the designated sections of the programming forums. Rinse and repeat to make sure nothing is missed. Go to lunch. Come back, stare at the IDE for a few minutes. Check the mailbox. Get some coffee. Before you know it, the day is over[…]
- Balance – Inlab Software GmbH – What is Balance ?
Balance is our surprisingly successful load balancing solution being a simple but powerful generic tcp proxy with round robin load balancing and failover mechanisms. Its behaviour can be controlled at runtime using a simple command line syntax.
Balance supports IPv6 on the listening side which makes it a very useful tool for IPv6 migration of IPv4 only services and servers.
Balance successfully runs at least on Linux(386), Linux(Itanium), FreeBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, Cygwin, Mac-OS X, HP-UX and many more.