Skip to content
These are my links for 3 nov 2015 through 11 nov 2015:
- GPO to push out local administrators across a domain. – Spiceworks – This how to will walk you through using Restricted groups to put users in the local admin group on all PCs. It will also add them to the Remote Desktop user's group. The usefulness in this is keeping as many people out of the domain admin group as possible while allowing the techs to work.
- xkcd Password Generator – The button below will generate a random phrase consisting of four common words. According to yesterday’s xkcd strip, such phrases are hard to guess (even by brute force), but easy to remember, making them interesting password choices.
- welaika/wordmove · GitHub – Wordmove is a nice little gem that lets you automatically mirror local WordPress installations and DB data back and forth from your local development machine to the remote staging server. SSH and FTP connections are both supported. Think of it like Capistrano for WordPress, complete with push/pull capabilities.
- How to send svn diff to meld | Thomas Cokelaer’s blog – On one hand meld provides a nice GUI to visualise the differences between 2 files. On the other hand, with SVN diff command, you can obtain the differences between 2 versions of the same file so you end up with one file.
These are my links for 20 feb 2014 through 21 feb 2014:
- Home · globocom/thumbor Wiki – Thumbor is a smart imaging service. It enables on-demand crop, resizing and flipping of images. It also features a VERY smart detection of important points in the image for better cropping and resizing, using state-of-the-art face and feature detection algorithms (more on that in Detection Algorithms). Using thumbor is very easy (after it is running).
- np1/mps-youtube – Features: Search and play audio/video Create local playlists Download audio/video Works with Python 2.7 and 3.x Works with Windows, Linux and Mac OS X Requires mplayer This project is based on mps, which is a terminal based program to search, stream and download music. This implementation uses YouTube as a source of content and can play and download video as well as audio. The pafy library handles interfacing with YouTube.
- Customizing and monitoring Linux system startup – Minimizing the amount of time required to boot a computer system is important regardless of whether you are turning on your home computer or restarting a server that provides services to thousands of users. This article discusses the various system startup and shutdown mechanisms that are used on different Linux® distributions. It explains how to integrate new services, customize existing startup configurations, and examine the behavior and performance of system startup configurations.
- Cockpit Project – Cockpit is a server manager that makes it easy to administer your GNU/Linux servers via a web browser.
These are my links for 28 set 2013 through 30 set 2013:
These are my links for 9 giu 2013 through 11 giu 2013:
jtheo is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache