These are my links for 18 Apr 2016 through 22 Apr 2016:
- Alfresco: some useful database queries – Blog dbi services – In my previous post, I talked about the Lifecycle of Alfresco Nodes. You may have noticed that I tried to insert in my explanations some elements that are specific to databases (tables, fields, aso…). These elements are quite essential to prepare a post like this one: more database oriented. I already explained what exactly are the consequences on the database side when a node is removed and I will try in this post to share some useful queries regarding these points but not only! For this post, I used my local Alfresco Community 4.2.c installation with a PostgreSQL database. For your information, it just take 30 minutes to get this test environment ready with the Alfresco’s installer (Windows, Mac or Unix). Of course, use the Database only for your daily administration work is certainly not the best idea but in some cases, it can really be faster and easier to just run some SQL commands at the DB level…
- tweekmonster/tmux2html: :cat2: Render full tmux windows or individual panes as HTML – Render full tmux windows or individual panes as HTML
- Shrinkpdf – A simple wrapper around Ghostscript to shrink PDFs (as in reduce filesize) under Linux. Inspired by some code I found in an OpenOffice Python script (I think). The script feeds a PDF through Ghostscript, which performs lossy recompression by such methods as downsampling the images to 72dpi. The result should be (but not always is) a much smaller file
- Cisco ASA privilege separation for a local user or read only user on ASA | yurisk.info
privilege show level 3 mode exec command running-config username jonghe password Ohsaib1soh privilege 3
- How to create a read only user in Cisco devices | Cisco & Juniper Networking Note Book
Here is the thing, can you believe there is no straight forward way to configure a read only user in Cisco devices. If you know any way to do it please correct me here.
These are my links for 14 ott 2014 through 15 ott 2014:
- terminal.sexy – Terminal Color Scheme Designer – A web app to help you design a colour theme for your terminal, with support for Xresources, Termite and iTerm 2. [ via http://onethingwell.org/post/99402033490/terminal-color-scheme-designer ]
- 11 online Puppet resources you should know – Many people asks, what are the good places to learn puppet on-line. This post is for the people who are looking for good on-line resources free as well as paid stuff. There are many on-line resources available at the time of writing this post. With just Google we may not find all these stuff. We have categorized those resources as below.
- Alt-F | SourceForge.net – Alt-F provides a free alternative firmware for the DLINK DNS-320/320L/321/323/325. Alt-F has Samba and NFS; supports ext2/3/4, VFAT, NTFS and ISO9660 filesystems; RAID 0, 1, 5 (with external USB disk) and JBOD; supports 2/3/4TB disks; rsync, ftp, sftp, ftps, ssh, lpd, DNS and DHCP servers, DDNS, fan and leds control, clean power up and down… and more. Alt-F also has a set of comprehensive administering web pages, you don't need to use the command line to configure it. Besides the built-in software, Alt-F also supports additional packages on disk, including ffp packages, that you can install, update and uninstall using the administering web pages
These are my links for 25 lug 2012 from 14:52 to 15:47:
- Disaster: LVM Performance in Snapshot Mode – MySQL Performance Blog – In many cases I speculate how things should work based on what they do and in number of cases this lead me forming too good impression about technology and when running in completely unanticipated bug or performance bottleneck. This is exactly the case with LVM
Number of customers have reported the LVM gives very high penalty when snapshots are enabled (leave along if you try to run backup at this time) and so I decided to look into it.
- Netexpertise » Mysql Ultra-Fast Backup with LVM – It is generally good practice to respect the two following points when backing up databases. The backup has to be:
Consistency is easily achieved putting a read lock on all tables beforehands. However, this isn’t always applied, and WILL definately lead to a database integrity problem at some stage.
Once a lock has been set on the database, the backup has to be as quick as possible, all write instructions being held in the queue.
- MIME and HTML in Email – How to encapsulate HTML in an email message and send via sendmail
These are my links for 18 giu 2012 through 22 giu 2012:
- Replacing a failed disk (rootvg) « Welcome to my AIX blog – This post will describe the replacement of a failed rootvg disk.
- Mozilla Thimble – Thimble makes it ridiculously simple to create your own web pages. Write and edit HTML and CSS right in your browser. Instantly preview your work. Then host and share your finished pages with a single click. Easy, huh?
- Inventare e raccontare storie « vibrisse, bollettino – Queste diciassette lezioni sono state realizzate da Giulio Mozzi e Marco Zuin, nell’ambito del progetto Scuola d’Autore 2009/2010 dell’Istituto per la sperimentazione didattica ed educativa (Iprase) della Provincia di Trento.