Skip to content
These are my links for 18 mag 2012 through 20 mag 2012:
- Linux system administrator and Oracle DBA guide: How to use rman backup to duplicate database and change db_name – Environment: OL 5.7 32bit, Oracle database 11.2, sid=orcl
Objective: duplicate database on the same server then change db_name from orcl to devdb
concept: duplicate line in /etc/oratab, make orcl and devdb instance, then make everything in password file, spfile/pfile, controlfile, redo log, data file from orcl to devdb, only leave db_name in pfile/spfile as orcl for rman restore from orcl database backup, then use nid to change db_name
- Linux system administrator and Oracle DBA guide: How to add LUN disk online under CentOS 6.2 – Environment: CentOS 6.2 64bit with multipath connected to HP EVA storage, the LUN disk was LVM disk
Objective: add a new LUN disk for server online and add into the existing LVM to make the partition size bigger
scenario: LVM add new lun disk, increase the existing lvm lun disk, increase the existing partition disk such as /dev/sda1
- Git Client – SmartGit – SmartGit is a graphical client for the Open Source version control systems Git, Mercurial and SVN. It runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
SmartGit helps Git and Mercurial beginners to get started quickly and lets advanced users become more productive with its efficient user interface.
These are my links for 24 feb 2012 through 27 feb 2012:
These are my links for 3 dic 2011 from 12:06 to 16:02:
- Couch to 5k – C25K Running Program – C25K, is a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks.
With the help of the Couch to 5k program, In less than seven months, I went from a 47 year old, 104kg, 30 cigarettes a day sort of guy to an 82kg, 0 cigarettes, running 45 to 50 kilometers a week sort of guy. Ten months after finishing C25K I completed my first marathon. Since then I have run another 4 marathons, as well as 6 ultra marathons including a 100km race.
And I'm not the only one, C25K has been responsible for getting thousands of couch potatoes up and running.
Its secret is that it's a gentle introduction to getting the body moving, starting off alternating between walking and running small distances, and slowly building up until after 8 weeks, you're ready to run 5 kilometers or 30 minutes non stop.
[via http://www.pseudotecnico.org/blog/ ]
- How to obtain WWNs of Fibre Channel Cards in Windows, Linux and Netware 6 | Koen Vereeken – I've made a very simple script that prints WWNs for QLogic and Emulex cards. This script will search in pre-defined directories where drivers for these cards will store their FCC information.
- HBA WWN: How to Find Qlogic or Emulex HBA Card WWN Address on Linux – Question: How do I lookup the wwn address of my HBA card installed on the Linux system. I need this information to create zoning on my fiber channel switch.
jtheo is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache