These are my links for 9 March 201:
- Deis | Your Paas. Your Rules. – Deis (pronounced DAY-iss) is an open source PaaS that makes it easy to deploy and manage applications on your own servers. Deis builds upon Docker and CoreOS to provide a lightweight PaaS with a Heroku-inspired workflow.
- Speed up WordPress on DreamHost with OPcache
Installing OPcache can improve your site’s performance by decreasing the php execution process when a script is requested. DreamHost permits a user to log into the server through secure shell with user level permissions. Since user level permissions cannot install software, the module will need to be manually compiled.
- Reduce TIME_WAIT socket connections | Linux BrigadeReduce TIME_WAIT socket connections in Apache/Linux
Some time in your life you’ll run across an Apache server that always has tons of TIME_WAIT connections just seeming to hang out. While these don’t take up as many resources as an ESTABLISHED connection, why keep them around so long? This short article will show you how to identify how many you have, and how to tell your server to reduce them, reuse and recycle them (see, recycling IS a good thing).
- Analyzing Apache Log Files < System | The Art of Web
There are many different packages that allow you to generate reports on who’s visiting your site and what they’re doing. The most popular at this time appear to be “Analog”, “The Webalizer” and “AWStats” which are installed by default on many shared servers. While such programs generate attractive reports, they only scratch the surface of what the log files can tell you. In this section we look at ways you can delve more deeply – focussing on the use of simple command line tools, particularly grep, awk and sed.
These are my links for 21 set 2015 through 24 set 2015:
- IOWait. (Sysadmin’s bedtime horror story) – […] hope this helps someone out there. The last 3 days, I have had my server crash on me every 2-3 hours. At first I thought it would be a spike in the traffic, since I couldn’t find any crash reports from Apache, and there was a spike in the traffic at this time. So I increased the resources on the server. It crashed again, every 2-3 hours […] It wasn't my case but… who knows in the future?
- Apache mod_deflate and mod_cache issues | Devon Hillard’s Digital Sanctuary – The Problem: Using Apache mod_deflate and mod_disk_cache (or other mod_cache) together can create far too many cached files. The Background: Apache is a web server with many different modules you can load in to enhance it. Two common ones are mod_deflate and mod_cache (or mod_disk_cache).
- haskellcamargo/skype-unofficial-client · GitHub – (unofficial) Skype client built on top of node webkit [ via http://www.lffl.org/2015/09/skype-web-client-linux.html ]
- dfletcher/tsws · GitHub – TSWS, A Totally Simple Web Server
- Home | Lattice – Lattice aspires to make clustering containers easy. Lattice includes a cluster scheduler, http load balancing, log aggregation and health management. Lattice containers can be long running or temporary tasks which get dynamically scaled and balanced across a cluster. Lattice packages components from Cloud Foundry to provide a cloud native platform for individual developers and small teams.
These are my links for 5 nov 2014 from 10:48 to 13:51:
- Configuring OpenLDAP pass-through authentication to Active Directory – Alex Tcherniakhovski – Security – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – This particular functionality of OpenLDAP should be of special interest for environments where long term co-existence between OpenLDAP and Active Directory is required. By establishing pass-through authentication the following advantages could be achieved: Great end-user experience. No need to remember multiple passwords Increased security, due to the reduction of the attack surface (one less password store in the environment) Single password policy The rest of the post will expand on the instructions provided by the OpenLDAP 2.4 Administration guide on establishing pass-through authentication from OpenLDAP to Active Directory. Specifically, will will leverage the capability of SASL to use LDAP as an authentication back-end. In our case, Active Directory will play a role of such authentication back-end.
- Books – UNIX Systems Programming (BSD) – BitsInTheWind.com – ISBN 10: 0-937175-23-4 / ISBN 13: 9780937175231 O'Reilly & Associates January 1989 The following are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may cite this document as a bibliographic reference in any works that you are writing. Any commercial use of this document, including printing and distribution to groups of people (such as a classroom) is prohibited without my prior written permission.
- osquery – With osquery, you can use SQL to query low-level operating system information. Under the hood, instead of querying static tables, these queries dynamically execute high-performance native code. The results of the SQL query are transparently returned to you quickly and easily.
- Boxupp – GUI tool to manage Puppet & Vagrant based project environments | Paxcel – Boxupp makes it easy for integrated management of development stacks over Vagrant and Puppet. Initially built over these two softwares, we plan to add support for more providers and provisioners * Integrated management environment for Vagrant and Puppet * Intelligence at its core * Simple Web GUI * Easy provisioning * Inbuilt console and editors * Start right from level zero ! * Share your configurations with team members.
These are my links for 5 ago 2014 through 6 ago 2014:
- Welcome to the NOC Project – Site – Confluence – NOC is the scalable, high-performance and open-source OSS system for ISP, service and content providers.
- GestióIP – IP address management (IPAM) software – GestióIP is an automated, Web based IPv4/IPv6 address management (IPAM) software. It features powerful network discovery functions and offers search and filter functions for both networks and host, permitting Internet Search Engine equivalent expressions. This lets you find the information that administrators frequently need easily and quickly. GestióIP also incorporates an automated VLAN management system.
- LemonLDAP::NG » start – LemonLDAP::NG is an open source Web Single Sign On product (WebSSO) written in Perl, plugged into Apache Web Server. LemonLDAP::NG is a free software, released under GPL license. LemonLDAP::NG is the first SSO software deployed in French administrations. It can handle more than 200 000 users. Many private firms use it too.
- CoreOS is Linux for Massive Server Deployments – CoreOS is a new Linux distribution that has been rearchitected to provide features needed to run modern infrastructure stacks. The strategies and architectures that influence CoreOS allow companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter to run their services at scale with high resilience.