These are my links for 21 set 2015 through 24 set 2015:
- IOWait. (Sysadmin’s bedtime horror story) – […] hope this helps someone out there. The last 3 days, I have had my server crash on me every 2-3 hours. At first I thought it would be a spike in the traffic, since I couldn’t find any crash reports from Apache, and there was a spike in the traffic at this time. So I increased the resources on the server. It crashed again, every 2-3 hours […] It wasn't my case but… who knows in the future?
- Apache mod_deflate and mod_cache issues | Devon Hillard’s Digital Sanctuary – The Problem: Using Apache mod_deflate and mod_disk_cache (or other mod_cache) together can create far too many cached files. The Background: Apache is a web server with many different modules you can load in to enhance it. Two common ones are mod_deflate and mod_cache (or mod_disk_cache).
- haskellcamargo/skype-unofficial-client · GitHub – (unofficial) Skype client built on top of node webkit [ via http://www.lffl.org/2015/09/skype-web-client-linux.html ]
- dfletcher/tsws · GitHub – TSWS, A Totally Simple Web Server
- Home | Lattice – Lattice aspires to make clustering containers easy. Lattice includes a cluster scheduler, http load balancing, log aggregation and health management. Lattice containers can be long running or temporary tasks which get dynamically scaled and balanced across a cluster. Lattice packages components from Cloud Foundry to provide a cloud native platform for individual developers and small teams.
These are my links for 5 nov 2014 from 10:48 to 13:51:
- Configuring OpenLDAP pass-through authentication to Active Directory – Alex Tcherniakhovski – Security – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – This particular functionality of OpenLDAP should be of special interest for environments where long term co-existence between OpenLDAP and Active Directory is required. By establishing pass-through authentication the following advantages could be achieved: Great end-user experience. No need to remember multiple passwords Increased security, due to the reduction of the attack surface (one less password store in the environment) Single password policy The rest of the post will expand on the instructions provided by the OpenLDAP 2.4 Administration guide on establishing pass-through authentication from OpenLDAP to Active Directory. Specifically, will will leverage the capability of SASL to use LDAP as an authentication back-end. In our case, Active Directory will play a role of such authentication back-end.
- Books – UNIX Systems Programming (BSD) – BitsInTheWind.com – ISBN 10: 0-937175-23-4 / ISBN 13: 9780937175231 O'Reilly & Associates January 1989 The following are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may cite this document as a bibliographic reference in any works that you are writing. Any commercial use of this document, including printing and distribution to groups of people (such as a classroom) is prohibited without my prior written permission.
- osquery – With osquery, you can use SQL to query low-level operating system information. Under the hood, instead of querying static tables, these queries dynamically execute high-performance native code. The results of the SQL query are transparently returned to you quickly and easily.
- Boxupp – GUI tool to manage Puppet & Vagrant based project environments | Paxcel – Boxupp makes it easy for integrated management of development stacks over Vagrant and Puppet. Initially built over these two softwares, we plan to add support for more providers and provisioners * Integrated management environment for Vagrant and Puppet * Intelligence at its core * Simple Web GUI * Easy provisioning * Inbuilt console and editors * Start right from level zero ! * Share your configurations with team members.
These are my links for 5 ago 2014 through 6 ago 2014:
- Welcome to the NOC Project – Site – Confluence – NOC is the scalable, high-performance and open-source OSS system for ISP, service and content providers.
- GestióIP – IP address management (IPAM) software – GestióIP is an automated, Web based IPv4/IPv6 address management (IPAM) software. It features powerful network discovery functions and offers search and filter functions for both networks and host, permitting Internet Search Engine equivalent expressions. This lets you find the information that administrators frequently need easily and quickly. GestióIP also incorporates an automated VLAN management system.
- LemonLDAP::NG » start – LemonLDAP::NG is an open source Web Single Sign On product (WebSSO) written in Perl, plugged into Apache Web Server. LemonLDAP::NG is a free software, released under GPL license. LemonLDAP::NG is the first SSO software deployed in French administrations. It can handle more than 200 000 users. Many private firms use it too.
- CoreOS is Linux for Massive Server Deployments – CoreOS is a new Linux distribution that has been rearchitected to provide features needed to run modern infrastructure stacks. The strategies and architectures that influence CoreOS allow companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter to run their services at scale with high resilience.
These are my links for 18 apr 2014 through 30 apr 2014:
- JoshData/mailinabox · GitHub – Mail-in-a-Box helps individuals take back control of their email by defining a one-click, easy-to-deploy SMTP+everything else server: a mail server in a box.
- SSH Multi-hop Connections With Netcat Mode Proxy | Click & Find Answer ! – Since OpenSSH 5.4 there is a new feature called natcat mode, which allows you to bind STDIN and STDOUT of local SSH client to a TCP port accessible through the remote SSH server. This mode is enabled by simply calling ssh -W [HOST]:[PORT] Theoretically this should be ideal for use in the ProxyCommand setting in per-host SSH configurations, which was previously often used with the nc (netcat) command. ProxyCommand allows you to configure a machine as proxy between you local machine and the target SSH server, for example if the target SSH server is hidden behind a firewall. The problem now is, that instead of working, it throws a cryptic error message in my face: Bad packet length 1397966893.Disconnecting: Packet corrupt
- Tyblog | SSH Kung Fu – OpenSSH is an incredible tool. Though primarily relied upon as a secure alternative to plaintext remote tools like telnet or rsh, OpenSSH (hereafter referred to as plain old ssh) has become a swiss army knife of functionality for far more than just remote logins. I rely on ssh every day for multiple purposes and feel the need to share the love for this excellent tool. What follows is a list for some of my use cases that leverage the power of ssh.
- Baseimage-docker: A minimal Ubuntu base image modified for Docker-friendliness – YOUR DOCKER IMAGE MIGHT BE BROKEN without you knowing it Learn the right way to build your Dockerfile.
- NetApp – Index – The following documentation is a guide on using and configuring the NetApp servers, there is also a commandline cheat sheet. I have tried to make this section as brief as possible but still cover a broad range of information regarding the NetApp product but I point you to the Official NetApp web site which contains all the documentation you will ever need.