bash ini parser | /var/log/ajdiaz – In some situations i like to use INI files as configuration files, as python do. But bash do not provide a parser for these files, obviously you can use a awk code or a couple of sed calls, but if you are bash-priest and do not want to use nothing more, then you can try the following obscure code:
Jugg Monkey: VMWare HA Agent had an error – I recently had a problem with one hoste in a 3 node VMWare ESX 3. 5 cluster. For some reason, the HA Agent would not start after I applied outstanding software updates. I kept receiving "VMWare HA Agent had an error" in the alerts after the host came online. I had recently needed to change the IP address of the VMWare 3.5 ESX host, so I figured that was the root cause.
Introduction to text manipulation on UNIX-based systems – Summary: This introduction to text manipulation on UNIX platforms provides an overview of some common commands widely available and installed standard on most UNIX-based releases. Many times these standard utilities are ignored in favor of more modern text-processors such as Perl, Python, or Ruby, which are not always installed on a system. An introductory review of these tools helps practitioners who are learning UNIX or Linux or those who may be looking to renew forgotten knowledge.
TCP Traffic Analyzer (Yahoo! Developer Network Blog) – You probably have questions like these about traffic on a TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) server (or client):<br />
* How many connections lasted more (or less) than X milliseconds?<br />
* How many connections needed more than N attempts to succeed?<br />
* What is the distribution of connection duration or connection throughput?<br />
* What is the distribution of connection duration or throughput for connections in which the server or client sent more than N bytes?<br />
* What specific IP addresses and ports had connections that lasted between 50 and 100 milliseconds long?<br />
You can get answers to these questions (and more) using Yahoo!'s TCP Traffic Analyzer (yconalyzer), available as an open-source project via free download.