These are my links for 24 Mar 2016 through 25 Mar 2016:
- Coderwall | Dump all variables – For debugging purposes it can be useful to not just dump hostvars but also all other variables and group information. You can do this using a jinja template which you could include in a debug task
- Using Ansible to create AWS instances | Tivix – Ansible is a great tool for enhancing productivity. With a vast array of modules to choose from, it can save you a lot of time by automating away common tasks. At Tivix we use it for single-command deployment, with the most common destination being Amazon EC2 instances created beforehand. Since Ansible is capable of managing EC2 resources, we can improve this setup by making a playbook to create an instance for us.
- Home | OpenSCAP portal – The OpenSCAP ecosystem provides multiple tools to assist administrators and auditors with assessment, measurement and enforcement of security baselines. We maintain great flexibility and interoperability, reducing costs of performing security audits.
The OpenSCAP project provides a wide variety of hardening guides and configuration baselines developed by the open source community, ensuring that you can choose a security policy which best suits the needs of your organization, regardless of its size.
SCAP is U.S. standard maintained by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The OpenSCAP project is a collection of open source tools for implementing and enforcing this standard, and has been awarded the SCAP 1.2 certification by NIST in 2014.
- Wazuh | Augmenting OSSEC Host IDS – Wazuh contributes to Open Source Security developing and integrating new modules to extend OSSEC capabilities and functionality.
These are my links for 18 nov 2015 through 24 nov 2015:
- Come suddividere il log di WordPress in file separati tramite Apache – Otherplus Tech – Quando usiamo WordPress su un server Apache siamo quasi sempre abituati ad avere un solo file di log per gli accessi del nostro sito e alcune volte due file per dividere gli accessi normali da quelli in errore. Ultimamente ho avuto un’esperienza da un cliente proprio su questo argomento specifico e abbiamo dovuto generare i file in maniera tale da dividere le informazioni che riguardavano la sezione classica da quella admin, ajax, wp-content etc.
- Using AWS Virtual Tape Library as Storage for Bacula – CAPSIDE – In this article, we will set up a Storage Gateway virtual machine on-premises that will cache and buffer backup data from Bacula.
- Tiny Puppet – Yet Another Puppet Abstraction Layer – Tiny Puppet is a Puppet module that allows management of virtually any application on any Operating System: It’s based on the assumption that its user knows and wants to control how to shape the managed application’s configuration file: It’s not a joke, it just works like that, as long as our application can be installed via a native package (Tiny Puppet can manage also additional repos) and we know how to configure it.
These are my links for 23 giu 2015 through 17 lug 2015:
These are my links for 10 apr 2014 through 15 apr 2014:
- ditaa – ditaa is a small command-line utility written in Java, that can convert diagrams drawn using ascii art ('drawings' that contain characters that resemble lines like | / – ), into proper bitmap graphics. This is best illustrated by the following example — which also illustrates the benefits of using ditaa in comparison to other methods 🙂
- RegExr: Learn, Build, & Test RegEx – RegExr is an online tool to learn, build, & test Regular Expressions (RegEx / RegExp). * Results update in real-time as you type. * Roll over a match or expression for details. * Save & share expressions with others. * Explore the Library for help & examples. * Undo & Redo with Cmd-Z / Y. * Search for & rate Community patterns.
- BASH with Debugger and Improved Debug Support and Error Handling – The Bash Debugger Project is a source-code debugger for bash that follows the gdb command syntax. The version 4.0 series is a complete rewrite of the previous series along the lines of my other POSIX shell debuggers and other debuggers mentioned below.
- Opencall – Open Source Call Tracking Software – Call tracking is a method of monitoring inbound phone calls. It allows you to record conversations, track key statistics such as caller id, call duration, call source and streamline your sales, customer service and marketing. Opencall is the world’s first (and only) open source call tracking software. The software is available under the GPL v3 license, is written in PHP and utilises MySQL as the database platform. The original Opencall source code was written and developed by CallTracking Hong Kong to service clients in Hong Kong and other Asian countries. After 8 months of internal development the founder of CallTracking, Scott Bowler, decided to release their proprietary code to the public and change his business model to servicing companies who would make use of the open source call tracking platform. The major driver behind this choice was to open up the product to a global user base and encourage more rapid development of the platform.