Skip to content
These are my links for 23 lug 2015 from 17:27 to 17:47:
- How to fix yum errors on CentOS, RHEL or Fedora – Xmodulo – Yum is a package management tool for installing, updating and removing rpm packages on RedHat-based systems. When you try to install a package with yum command, you may encounter errors for various reasons. In this post, I will describe under what situations yum errors can occur, and explain how to fix yum errors.
- Docs/RpmRecovery – rpm – Trac – This document provides an overview of how to deal with RPM database corruption.
- RepoCreate – yum – Trac – Sometimes you'll find you need to be able to collect a bunch of rpm packages you have together in one place and you want to make them available to your systems running yum. It is pretty easy to do.
- Local YUM fun | Adamish | Blog – If you’re installing redhat on a machine without Internet access you may wish to setup a local YUM repository for extra bits and pieces after the main install. Add the following to /etc/yum.repos.d/local.repo. If there are any other .repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d then comment out their contents. Make sure you don’t have spaces in your baseurl.
- How to fix yum [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum › Backdrift Backdrift – I recently upgraded my local yum repository server to RHEL6. After upgrading I noticed the below error when my el5 clients would attempting to install packages from the local repo with yum.
These are my links for 12 mag 2015 through 15 mag 2015:
- slack for ubuntu – ScudCloud is a non official open-source Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint, Arch) desktop client for Slack©. Slack© is a platform for team communication. ScudCloud uses the QT library + Webkit to render the web version of Slack, but using the QWebkit-Native bridge to improve desktop integration with: multiple teams support, native system notifications, count of unread direct mentions at launcher/sytray icon, alert/wobbling on new messages, channels quicklist (Unity only), optional "Close to Tray".
- How to create an RPM package – FedoraProject – This page describes in detail how to create an RPM package, and in particular, how to create a SPEC file. Unlike other RPM guides, this page explains the specifics for Fedora with links to Fedora-specific guidelines. Since it is maintained through the Fedora Wiki, it is likely to be more up-to-date than other guides. Despite the focus on Fedora, most of this document does apply to other RPM-based distributions.
- How To Install Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana 4 on CentOS 7 | DigitalOcean – In this tutorial, we will go over the installation of the Elasticsearch ELK Stack on CentOS 7—that is, Elasticsearch 1.4.4, Logstash 1.5.0, and Kibana 4. We will also show you how to configure it to gather and visualize the syslogs of your systems in a centralized location. Logstash is an open source tool for collecting, parsing, and storing logs for future use. Kibana 4 is a web interface that can be used to search and view the logs that Logstash has indexed. Both of these tools are based on Elasticsearch.
These are my links for 1 mag 2015 through 12 mag 2015:
- How To Use Logstash and Kibana To Centralize Logs On CentOS 7 | DigitalOcean – In this tutorial, we will go over the installation of Logstash 1.4.2 and Kibana 3 on CentOS 7, and how to configure them to gather and visualize the syslogs of our systems in a centralized location. Logstash is an open source tool for collecting, parsing, and storing logs for future use. Kibana 3 is a web interface that can be used to search and view the logs that Logstash has indexed. Both of these tools are based on Elasticsearch. Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, when used together is known as an ELK stack.
- Fix: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed | blksthl – This guide is using the PowerShell or NETDOM tool and does not require rejoining the domain
- PowerCLI: One-Liner to get VMs, Clusters, ESX Hosts and Datastores | ICT-Freak.nl – With the one-liner below, you’re able to create an overview of your VM’s, Clusters, ESX Hosts and Datastores.
- jonathanslenders/pyvim · GitHub – An implementation of Vim in Python [ via http://usevim.com/2015/04/29/pyvim/ ]
- PyVim – PyVim (GitHub: jonathanslenders/pyvim) by Jonathan Slenders is a pure Python Vim clone.
These are my links for 28 feb 2015 from 19:57 to 20:29:
- Step by Step Installation and Configuration of OpenLDAP as Proxy to Active Directory | haroonferoze – This guide describes how to install and configure OpenLDAP as proxy to Active Directory.
- Integrate Active Directory and OpenLDAP | Networking content from Windows IT Pro – OpenLDAP’s proxy service can allow LDAP operations to cross the boundaries between AD and OpenLDAP deployments. To demonstrate this proxy service, we walk through the steps to make AD’s cn=Users container, which by default contains all user objects, part of an OpenLDAP directory. To produce the examples in this article, I used CentOS 4.3, OpenLDAP 2.2.13, and AD running on Windows Server 2003 R2. Later in the article, I’ll show you a limitation in the commonly deployed OpenLDAP 2.2, which you can solve by installing OpenLDAP 2.3 on CentOS 4.3.
- Let’s Chat — Self-hosted chat for small teams – WHAT IS THIS THING? Some backstory. Way back in 2012, we didn't like any of the existing chat services out there. So we decided to write our own. Let's Chat is a persistent messaging application that runs on Node.js and MongoDB. It's designed to be easily deployable and fits well with small, intimate teams. It's free (MIT licensed) and ships with killer features such as LDAP/Kerberos authentication, a REST-like API and XMPP support. Let's Chat is a side-project of the development team at Security Compass. (A real life 10% time project!)
jtheo is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache