These are my links for 28 ott 2014 from 01:01 to 01:04:
- VeraCrypt – Home – VeraCrypt adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks. It also solves many vulnerabilities and security issues found in TrueCrypt.
- Mac Linux USB Loader by SevenBits – Mac Linux USB Loader is an application that allows you to create bootable USB drives containing a Linux distribution that can boot natively on Apple's Macintosh computers using their EFI system, regardless of whether or not the selected distribution has UEFI support. It is available in English, Spanish and Traditional Chinese.
- Building a (Cheap) 2×10 Gbit (Continuous) Packet Recorder using n2disk and PF_RING – Continuous packet recorders are devices that capture network traffic and save it to disk. The term continuous means that this activity is performed “continuously” until the device is active and not just for a few minutes.
These are my links for 26 ago 2014 from 13:53 to 15:35:
- Petr’s blog about Linux: Systemd Cheatsheet –
- List of IXPs – Euro-IX – List of known IXPS around the globe
- Cloud Orchestration & Cloud Automation the DevOps Way | Cloudify – Orchestrate Real Apps on the Cloud with Cloudify Achieve a smooth transition to the cloud and easy automation of even the most complex applications throughout their entire lifecycle with Cloudify. Orchestrate the creation of the whole cloud infrastructure required for your application, starting from compute resources all the way down to networks and block storage devices. Cloudify will then deploy your applications to the cloud (OpenStack, VMWare vSphere, or even bare metal like Softlayer), monitor their progress and scale them when needed. With Cloudify, you won’t be locked in to any one cloud provider or one type of cloud; deploy the same application in your own data center or on the cloud of your choice using your favorite automation and configuration management tools. Monitor, manage and scale your application with Cloudify, whatever the topology or technology stack.
These are my links for 20 feb 2014 through 21 feb 2014:
- Home · globocom/thumbor Wiki – Thumbor is a smart imaging service. It enables on-demand crop, resizing and flipping of images. It also features a VERY smart detection of important points in the image for better cropping and resizing, using state-of-the-art face and feature detection algorithms (more on that in Detection Algorithms). Using thumbor is very easy (after it is running).
- np1/mps-youtube – Features: Search and play audio/video Create local playlists Download audio/video Works with Python 2.7 and 3.x Works with Windows, Linux and Mac OS X Requires mplayer This project is based on mps, which is a terminal based program to search, stream and download music. This implementation uses YouTube as a source of content and can play and download video as well as audio. The pafy library handles interfacing with YouTube.
- Customizing and monitoring Linux system startup – Minimizing the amount of time required to boot a computer system is important regardless of whether you are turning on your home computer or restarting a server that provides services to thousands of users. This article discusses the various system startup and shutdown mechanisms that are used on different Linux® distributions. It explains how to integrate new services, customize existing startup configurations, and examine the behavior and performance of system startup configurations.
- Cockpit Project – Cockpit is a server manager that makes it easy to administer your GNU/Linux servers via a web browser.
These are my links for 17 gen 2013 through 18 gen 2013:
- winsetupfromusb – Install Windows from USB – Google Project Hosting – Install Windows from USB
[ via http://gioxx.org/2013/01/18/samsung-nc10-windowsxp/ ]
- Nuova “vecchia” vita per il Samsung NC10 | Gioxx’s Wall – Il mio vecchio Samsung NC 10 mi ha servito egregiamente negli anni passati e dopo un upgrade di RAM ed una prossima sostituzione disco può ancora rivelarsi un fidato compagno di lavoro per chi non necessita di prestazioni particolarmente elevate. Ad Ilaria basta ad esempio navigare in internet (Firefox), gestire la posta elettronica (Thunderbird) e utilizzare la suite Office di Microsoft, che funziona ancora perfettamente in coppia con l’anziano sempreverde Windows XP, si, proprio lui!
Ecco quindi cosa fare con una chiave USB da 512 MB o più (ne avete ancora una in giro, ne sono quasi certo, nascosta da qualche parte) che verrà utilizzata una prima volta per installare il sistema ed una seconda per effettuare un backup completo del disco pronto.
- Changing Windows RDP port | MWalker | Technology Cadre – Sometimes it's nice to change the default listening port of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) service. Running standard services on non-standard is a simple way to avoid scripted attacks against your systems. Turns out changing the RDP port is as simple as a registry setting and a reboot.
- Portable-VirtualBox | Download of Portable-VirtualBox – Portable-VirtualBox is a free and open source software tool that lets you run any operating system from a usb stick without separate installation.