These are my links for 3 nov 2014 through 5 nov 2014:
- Policy Daemon – Policyd is an anti-spam plugin for Postfix (written in C) that does Greylisting, Sender-(envelope, SASL or host / ip)-based throttling (on messages and/or volume per defined time unit), Recipient rate limiting, Spamtrap monitoring / blacklisting, HELO auto blacklisting and HELO randomization preventation.
- DevStack – an OpenStack Community Production — documentation – A documented shell script to build complete OpenStack development environments. An OpenStack program maintained by the developer community. Setup a fresh supported Linux installation. Clone devstack from git.openstack.org. git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack Deploy your OpenStack Cloud cd devstack && ./stack.sh
- vim modeline – Tips and Tricks – ph3nix.Net – Generally you either love or hate Vim. It boils down to a matter of personal preference. However love or hate you have to admit it is extremely powerful for a command line, text only file editor. For those who love it – or just have to make use of it on a regular basis, the Vim modeline feature is a very useful and powerful way of customizing the visual and editing preferences as well as several other options on a file by file basis.
- Development Foo – using vim and sshfs to propel development | New Goliath –
- Front-end engineering and so on: OpenSSL: Convert private key to PEM format for AWS ELB – You might get message "Error: Invalid Private Key" while configuring SSL on Elastic Load Balancer on Amazon Web Services (AWS). It means your private key isn't in PEM format. No worries, it easy to fix.
These are my links for 18 giu 2013 through 19 giu 2013:
- CommuniGate Pro: Cluster Load Balancers – The DSR/DR is the preferred Load-Balancing method for larger installations. When this method is used, each Server is configured to have the VIP (Virtual IP) shared addresses as its local IP addresses. This allows each Server to receive all packets directed to the VIP addresses, and to send responses directly to the clients using the VIP as the "source" address. The servers should not respond to the arp requests for these VIP addresses. Instead the load balancer responds to these requests, and thus all incoming packets directed to the VIP addresses are delivered to the load balancer, which redirects them to Servers. When redirecting these incoming packets, the load balancer sends them directly to the Server MAC address, without changing the packet destination address, that remains the VIP address.
- Using arp announce/arp ignore to disable ARP – LVSKB –
- Configuring DSR on the Alteon load balancers | Remsys – As per Wikipedia, load balancing is a technique to spread work between two or more computers, network links, CPUs, hard drives, or other resources, in order to get optimal resource utilization, maximize throughput, and minimize response time. Usage of multiple components with load balancing, instead of a single component, may increase reliability through redundancy. DSR is a way for outbound traffic to bypass the load balancer, sending traffic directly to the default router of that network.
- FreeIPA – FreeIPA is a Red Hat sponsored open source project which aims to provide an easily managed Identity, Policy and Audit (IPA) suite primarily targeted towards networks of Linux and Unix computers. FreeIPA can be compared to Novell's Identity Manager or Microsoft's Active Directory in that the goals and mechanisms used are similar.
These are my links for 10 feb 2010 through 11 feb 2010:
- NirLauncher: le utility NirSoft e Sysinternals su pen drive – Nir Sofer e Mark Russinovich sono decisamente i miei programmatori preferiti in ambito Windows. Entrambi hanno creato negli anni le migliori utility per power users: se si vuole avere un controllo “profondo” del funzionamento del sistema operativo Microsoft non si può prescindere dai loro tool[…]
- defmacro – Functional Programming For The Rest of Us – Introduction:
Programmers are procrastinators. Get in, get some coffee, check the mailbox, read the RSS feeds, read the news, check out latest articles on techie websites, browse through political discussions on the designated sections of the programming forums. Rinse and repeat to make sure nothing is missed. Go to lunch. Come back, stare at the IDE for a few minutes. Check the mailbox. Get some coffee. Before you know it, the day is over[…]
- Balance – Inlab Software GmbH – What is Balance ?
Balance is our surprisingly successful load balancing solution being a simple but powerful generic tcp proxy with round robin load balancing and failover mechanisms. Its behaviour can be controlled at runtime using a simple command line syntax.
Balance supports IPv6 on the listening side which makes it a very useful tool for IPv6 migration of IPv4 only services and servers.
Balance successfully runs at least on Linux(386), Linux(Itanium), FreeBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, Cygwin, Mac-OS X, HP-UX and many more.