These are my links for 24 Mar 2016 through 25 Mar 2016:
- Coderwall | Dump all variables – For debugging purposes it can be useful to not just dump hostvars but also all other variables and group information. You can do this using a jinja template which you could include in a debug task
- Using Ansible to create AWS instances | Tivix – Ansible is a great tool for enhancing productivity. With a vast array of modules to choose from, it can save you a lot of time by automating away common tasks. At Tivix we use it for single-command deployment, with the most common destination being Amazon EC2 instances created beforehand. Since Ansible is capable of managing EC2 resources, we can improve this setup by making a playbook to create an instance for us.
- Home | OpenSCAP portal – The OpenSCAP ecosystem provides multiple tools to assist administrators and auditors with assessment, measurement and enforcement of security baselines. We maintain great flexibility and interoperability, reducing costs of performing security audits.
The OpenSCAP project provides a wide variety of hardening guides and configuration baselines developed by the open source community, ensuring that you can choose a security policy which best suits the needs of your organization, regardless of its size.
SCAP is U.S. standard maintained by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The OpenSCAP project is a collection of open source tools for implementing and enforcing this standard, and has been awarded the SCAP 1.2 certification by NIST in 2014.
- Wazuh | Augmenting OSSEC Host IDS – Wazuh contributes to Open Source Security developing and integrating new modules to extend OSSEC capabilities and functionality.
These are my links for 28 nov 2014 through 1 dic 2014:
- SIAMO GEEK – Sperimentatori, entusiasti della tecnologia | Rigenerare le chiavi ssh – Quanto è vecchia la vostra chiave ssh? Rigenerare le chiavi ssh usate per collegarsi ai server è una rottura di scatole, ma potrebbe essere una rottura di molte unità di grandezza inferiore rispetto allo scoprire che una chiave ssh viene usata da mesi a nostra insaputa. Quanto sono corte/lunghe le chiavi ssh registrate nei file authorized-keys dei vostri server? Per fortuna a questa ultima domanda c’è una risposta veloce sotto forma di un pratico script shell.
- Downloading Java RPM from wget | Giuseppe Paternò – This is a very basic post, but I consider it for myself rather for public consumption. I needed to download the Java RPM from the Oracle website from command line, as I’m connected to my systems from a low bandwidth site. I needed to find the cookies that Oracle website uses for “accepting” Oracle license to use properly wget from command line.
- urlwatch – a tool for monitoring webpages for updates (thp.io) – This script is intended to help you watch URLs and get notified (via email or in your terminal) of any changes. The change notification will include the URL that has changed and a unified diff of what has changed. The script supports the use of a filtering hook function to strip trivially-varying elements of a webpage.
- Gravit – unlock your design potential. – Meet Gravit – the cutting-edge design app that will take your creativity to new heights. Gravit offers the creative possibilities of a full-scale design suite – but in a snug app-sized package. Powerful yet easy-to-handle, Gravit has been custom designed from the ground up with an emphasis on versatility, fluidity and elegance – complex design tasks are made simple through its robust suite of tools and highly responsive smart work environment. Express yourself in a new way with Gravit – the new must-have tool for today’s pioneering design professionals! [ via http://www.lffl.org/2014/11/gravit-il-nuovo-software-di-disegno-vettoriale-open-per-linux-windows-e-mac.html ]
These are my links for 28 ott 2014 through 29 ott 2014:
These are my links for 29 lug 2014 from 19:48 to 20:16:
- FhGFS Wiki: Tips and Recommendations for Storage Server Tuning – Here are some tips and recommendations on how to improve the performance of your storage servers. As usual, the optimal settings depend on your particular hardware and usage scenarios, so you should use these settings only as a starting point for your tuning efforts.
- Linux NAS optimizations ← BAFM – […] Well, I recently had to flatten my archive NAS (well only the OS part … *wheeeh*). Since I didn’t have the chance to backup the old settings I had to do everything from scratch … And this time I decided, I wasn’t doing a script but rather the proper way. I spent a while reading through the Internetz about the various settings until I stumbled upon a Frauenhofer Wiki entry. From there I ended up writing those udev-rules and the sysctl configs…[…]
- Some MySQL security tips | code.openark.org – This is a brief list of security tips for MySQL. It is by no means complete.
- openarkkit – Common utilities for MySQL – Google Project Hosting – The openark kit provides common utilities to administer, diagnose and audit MySQL databases.
- outbrain/orchestrator – MySQL replication topology manager/visualizer