These are my links for 1 Mar 2016 through 8 Mar 2016:
- ansiblecookbook.com – This books should become a reference for how doing cool things in your daily business with Ansible, things you can not find in the official docs.
- Ansible Cheat Sheet | Wall-Skills.com – Ansible is the cool, new kid on the block that is IT automation. So, just in case you need an Ansible Cheat Sheet, we’ve got you covered
- zorangagic/awsinfo – Daily Inventory of all AWS resources in excel format
- High availability clustering on AWS | Zoran’s Blog – How do we keep legacy applications highly available on AWS? I have already written about this previously and there are many good alternatives with the upcoming Cloudwatch instance recovery the easiest to implement. Yet Cloudwatch instance recovery or autoscaling group with min=1,max=1 still requires failure to be detected (1-2 mins) and new instance to be booted up (2-3 mins). If the application can not tolerate outage of 3-5 minutes then high availability clustering may be a good alternative
- jordansissel/pleaserun: An attempt to abstract this “init” script madness. – Pleaserun is a tool to generate startup scripts for the wasteland of sorrow that is process launchers.
These are my links for 21 set 2015 through 24 set 2015:
- IOWait. (Sysadmin’s bedtime horror story) – […] hope this helps someone out there. The last 3 days, I have had my server crash on me every 2-3 hours. At first I thought it would be a spike in the traffic, since I couldn’t find any crash reports from Apache, and there was a spike in the traffic at this time. So I increased the resources on the server. It crashed again, every 2-3 hours […] It wasn't my case but… who knows in the future?
- Apache mod_deflate and mod_cache issues | Devon Hillard’s Digital Sanctuary – The Problem: Using Apache mod_deflate and mod_disk_cache (or other mod_cache) together can create far too many cached files. The Background: Apache is a web server with many different modules you can load in to enhance it. Two common ones are mod_deflate and mod_cache (or mod_disk_cache).
- haskellcamargo/skype-unofficial-client · GitHub – (unofficial) Skype client built on top of node webkit [ via http://www.lffl.org/2015/09/skype-web-client-linux.html ]
- dfletcher/tsws · GitHub – TSWS, A Totally Simple Web Server
- Home | Lattice – Lattice aspires to make clustering containers easy. Lattice includes a cluster scheduler, http load balancing, log aggregation and health management. Lattice containers can be long running or temporary tasks which get dynamically scaled and balanced across a cluster. Lattice packages components from Cloud Foundry to provide a cloud native platform for individual developers and small teams.
These are my links for 20 mar 2015 through 24 mar 2015:
- Submin: git/subversion web administration – Submin provides a web-based admin interface to your SVN and git repositories. Its goal is to be easy to setup and easy to use.
- bonasia.info: pdftk – PDFtk è un programma molto utile se dovete manipolare file nel comune formato di Adobe Acrobat.
- How To Set Up a Chef 12 Configuration Management System on Ubuntu 14.04 Servers | DigitalOcean – In this guide, we will install the actual software. We will set up a centralized Chef server which will store and serve configuration instructions and node profiling information. We will also set up a workstation where the administrator can work with the code base and alter the characteristics of the infrastructure. We will follow this up by bootstrapping a new node to bring it under the management of the Chef ecosystem.
These are my links for 4 mar 2015 through 5 mar 2015:
- EasyEngine – Easy WordPress Nginx – EasyEngine (ee) is a linux shell-script to manage your WordPress-Nginx websites on Ubuntu and Debian server.
- fresh – Keep your dot files fresh – fresh is a tool to source shell configuration (aliases, functions, etc) from others into your own configuration files. We also support files such as ackrc and gitconfig. Think of it as Bundler for your dot files.
- Free Cisco Online virtul Lab – Welcome to Cisco's Online Virtual Lab ! If you need to familiarise yourself with the cisco IOS or need some equipment to practice before you attend your cisco certification exams or probably you are preparing for an interview and need to brush up on your skills then you have come to right place Online Virtual Lab Cloud is an on-line lab accessible over the Internet. It consists of a hosted cloud of CCNA and CCNP lab. Within seconds you can connect to practice Cisco IOS commands on various Cisco Routers and Switches. It allows a hands-on learning experience without having to buy expensive equipment and no software installation is required My Online Virtual Lab is made for beginners are looking for sharpen their skills and move to a higher leve and for intermediate are looking for a complex environment to improve them skills with the practice. All Devices are Virtual I Rent A Lab **scenarios** not **equipment** .
- PassCore: A Self-Service AD Password Change Utility – Home – PassCore is a very simple 1-page web app written in C#, using ASP.NET MVC 4 and Directory Services. It allows users to change their Active Directory password on their own, provided the user is not disabled. PassCore does not require any configuration, as it obtains the principal context from the current domain. I wrote this in less than 2 hours. There really was no free alternative out there so hopefully this saves someone else some time and money. IMPORTANT: If you are going to expose this web app outside your LAN, please use https