These are my links for 3 nov 2015 through 11 nov 2015:
- GPO to push out local administrators across a domain. – Spiceworks – This how to will walk you through using Restricted groups to put users in the local admin group on all PCs. It will also add them to the Remote Desktop user's group. The usefulness in this is keeping as many people out of the domain admin group as possible while allowing the techs to work.
- xkcd Password Generator – The button below will generate a random phrase consisting of four common words. According to yesterday’s xkcd strip, such phrases are hard to guess (even by brute force), but easy to remember, making them interesting password choices.
- welaika/wordmove · GitHub – Wordmove is a nice little gem that lets you automatically mirror local WordPress installations and DB data back and forth from your local development machine to the remote staging server. SSH and FTP connections are both supported. Think of it like Capistrano for WordPress, complete with push/pull capabilities.
- How to send svn diff to meld | Thomas Cokelaer’s blog – On one hand meld provides a nice GUI to visualise the differences between 2 files. On the other hand, with SVN diff command, you can obtain the differences between 2 versions of the same file so you end up with one file.
These are my links for 1 mag 2015 through 12 mag 2015:
- How To Use Logstash and Kibana To Centralize Logs On CentOS 7 | DigitalOcean – In this tutorial, we will go over the installation of Logstash 1.4.2 and Kibana 3 on CentOS 7, and how to configure them to gather and visualize the syslogs of our systems in a centralized location. Logstash is an open source tool for collecting, parsing, and storing logs for future use. Kibana 3 is a web interface that can be used to search and view the logs that Logstash has indexed. Both of these tools are based on Elasticsearch. Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, when used together is known as an ELK stack.
- Fix: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed | blksthl – This guide is using the PowerShell or NETDOM tool and does not require rejoining the domain
- PowerCLI: One-Liner to get VMs, Clusters, ESX Hosts and Datastores | ICT-Freak.nl – With the one-liner below, you’re able to create an overview of your VM’s, Clusters, ESX Hosts and Datastores.
- jonathanslenders/pyvim · GitHub – An implementation of Vim in Python [ via http://usevim.com/2015/04/29/pyvim/ ]
- PyVim – PyVim (GitHub: jonathanslenders/pyvim) by Jonathan Slenders is a pure Python Vim clone.
These are my links for 4 mar 2015 through 5 mar 2015:
- EasyEngine – Easy WordPress Nginx – EasyEngine (ee) is a linux shell-script to manage your WordPress-Nginx websites on Ubuntu and Debian server.
- fresh – Keep your dot files fresh – fresh is a tool to source shell configuration (aliases, functions, etc) from others into your own configuration files. We also support files such as ackrc and gitconfig. Think of it as Bundler for your dot files.
- Free Cisco Online virtul Lab – Welcome to Cisco's Online Virtual Lab ! If you need to familiarise yourself with the cisco IOS or need some equipment to practice before you attend your cisco certification exams or probably you are preparing for an interview and need to brush up on your skills then you have come to right place Online Virtual Lab Cloud is an on-line lab accessible over the Internet. It consists of a hosted cloud of CCNA and CCNP lab. Within seconds you can connect to practice Cisco IOS commands on various Cisco Routers and Switches. It allows a hands-on learning experience without having to buy expensive equipment and no software installation is required My Online Virtual Lab is made for beginners are looking for sharpen their skills and move to a higher leve and for intermediate are looking for a complex environment to improve them skills with the practice. All Devices are Virtual I Rent A Lab **scenarios** not **equipment** .
- PassCore: A Self-Service AD Password Change Utility – Home – PassCore is a very simple 1-page web app written in C#, using ASP.NET MVC 4 and Directory Services. It allows users to change their Active Directory password on their own, provided the user is not disabled. PassCore does not require any configuration, as it obtains the principal context from the current domain. I wrote this in less than 2 hours. There really was no free alternative out there so hopefully this saves someone else some time and money. IMPORTANT: If you are going to expose this web app outside your LAN, please use https
These are my links for 5 nov 2014 from 10:48 to 13:51:
- Configuring OpenLDAP pass-through authentication to Active Directory – Alex Tcherniakhovski – Security – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – This particular functionality of OpenLDAP should be of special interest for environments where long term co-existence between OpenLDAP and Active Directory is required. By establishing pass-through authentication the following advantages could be achieved: Great end-user experience. No need to remember multiple passwords Increased security, due to the reduction of the attack surface (one less password store in the environment) Single password policy The rest of the post will expand on the instructions provided by the OpenLDAP 2.4 Administration guide on establishing pass-through authentication from OpenLDAP to Active Directory. Specifically, will will leverage the capability of SASL to use LDAP as an authentication back-end. In our case, Active Directory will play a role of such authentication back-end.
- Books – UNIX Systems Programming (BSD) – BitsInTheWind.com – ISBN 10: 0-937175-23-4 / ISBN 13: 9780937175231 O'Reilly & Associates January 1989 The following are made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may cite this document as a bibliographic reference in any works that you are writing. Any commercial use of this document, including printing and distribution to groups of people (such as a classroom) is prohibited without my prior written permission.
- osquery – With osquery, you can use SQL to query low-level operating system information. Under the hood, instead of querying static tables, these queries dynamically execute high-performance native code. The results of the SQL query are transparently returned to you quickly and easily.
- Boxupp – GUI tool to manage Puppet & Vagrant based project environments | Paxcel – Boxupp makes it easy for integrated management of development stacks over Vagrant and Puppet. Initially built over these two softwares, we plan to add support for more providers and provisioners * Integrated management environment for Vagrant and Puppet * Intelligence at its core * Simple Web GUI * Easy provisioning * Inbuilt console and editors * Start right from level zero ! * Share your configurations with team members.